Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Choices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have around 10 weeks under my belt and would classify myself as an intermediate, fairly aggressive skier who is comfortable on reds and most blacks. I spend 90% on-piste but do like to wonder off now and again (pretty rubbish though). I am 6' 3" (191cm) and weigh in at 100kg.

I currently own a pair of Atomic Blackeye (non TI) 174cm skis and am beginning to wonder if it's time to upgrade to something a little stiffer given my weight and height?

I found a pair of Blackeye TI (2012) skis in great condition, only caveat is that they are 167cm. That said, I think I might prefer a slightly shorter ski anyway. I guess you experts out there would argue against going shorter, given my weight / height?

I also recently tried the Salomon Enduro RS800 TI, which I liked and have been looking at the Head Rev 80 Pro as alternatives.

Any recommendations or suggestions, will be most welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I persoanlly would think 167 is a bit short based on your own description, you are in the right ball park with the 3 skis you have listed.

Best advice would be to try all three before you buy and than make a decision.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I loved the salomon enduro. I would put myself in a similar level to yourself. I ended up buying the k2 impact which i really like too. possibly just a little wide for myself at the moment( i know they are only skinny really) but i would like to think i will "grow into them more this season.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I too bought the k2 impact quite recently, an amazing ski, but of course it's dangerous to make blanket recommendations. You need to try them and see if they suit you before buying.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rdwags, I have used all the ski's you mention and i did find the Blackeye Ti a ski that you had to push and work to get the best out of them. One ski that i enjoyed more than any of them is the Movement Jam ER 173. slightly softer ski but was so much fun. held its edge perfectly on hardpack but on softer piste and 2' powder they were excellent. i am 5'9 and 90kg so you may want to look at the next length which i think is about 182. have fun Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy