Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone used SnowExpress (Les Arcs)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone
Looking to travel to Arc 1800 5th April to an apartment (this is already booked) and trying to find cheapest way to get there (6 of us)

Easter hols means flights are pricey and we are looking at alternatives (can't drive as we are too young to drive abroad still ). Has anyone got experience of Snow Express coach travel please?

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Done it loads of times. For Les Arcs there will be a change at Borg St Maurice either for the funicular or a transfer bus. The bus leaves London Victoria at 7pm so you don't need to take any extra time off work. They take the ferry so you have a chance to get something to eat and a few drinks, stretch your legs a bit. Once they have refuelled in Calais they drive through the night and most people settle down to sleep. There is a driver changeover in the middle of the night and breakfast stop at around 7 or 8am. Unless you are on a direct bus, there will be a drop off at about 11 for those going to Chamonix / Flaine etc and a crew change, next stop Moutiers for the three valleys and then Bourg St Maurice by around 2pm.

The main bus is a double Decker and any extras needed will be regular single deck coaches, all will have good legroom (they've taken seats out to make more room). No alcohol is allowed on the bus either. It isn't really fair on the other passengers if there is a rowdy drunk group clanking bottles and keeping everyone awake til 3am!

My friends run this bus, so let me know if you want any more info. As I said, I have done the journey myself a number of times and it is very hassle free and exceedingly good value, but at the end of the day it is an overnight bus and is not everyone's cup of tea.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow Express coach travel is the cheapest. Above is a great review of what you get.

But if you want a comparison with train travel.

You should be able to get return travel from St Pancras to Bourg for about £150-£180 per person, but only if you book as far in advance as possible. That's 4 months for Eurostar and 3 months for SNCF. You get Eurostar to Paris Nord, then TGV from Paris Lyon to Bourg. Total journey time St Pancras to Bourg about 9-10 hours.

Then you need to get up to Arc 1800 - easiest is funicular to 1600, then free shuttle bus to 1800. A funicular single trip is 7€

You can't get the ski train for that price - and it's fully booked already for your dates.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Public Enemy, Easter is the end of April in 2014. The bank holiday is actually April 21 2014
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used Snowexpress over New Year last year from Victoria to Chamonix. Very good services and plenty of leg room with reclining seats. You sleep through the night. You arrive early on saturday morning and leave late on saturday evening the following week giving you more time in resort. Don't be put off by bus travel. You see a lot more than you would flying and get more time in resort. When you add up getting to airport early for check in hours before the flight, checking in, waiting for luggage, passport checks etc, it all adds up with flights too.

Travelled by bus twice now and would not hessitate doing it again.

Found Snowexpress very reliable and efficient and the information provided was impressive.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnE, but UK 'Easter' school holidays start on 5th April.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all for your replies, I think we will be taking the overnight bus.

Apologies for my late reply, I've been working a lot!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did you book onto this Friday's Snow Express in the end?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy