Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are mounted ski bindings adjustable?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm buying my first pair of skis after a long time of always hiring. The skis I'm buying will require the bindings to be mounted. My question is, are the bindings adjustable a small amount if I buy new boots later that are say half a mondo size up or down ? I know hire skis have demo bindings that cope with any boot size, but I an concerned about changing boots with my new skis.

Thanks in advance

PeteH
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, they are usually adjustable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, there is a "forward pressure" adjustment to allow for slight variations in boot size. Different makes have different mechanisms and it might not be obvious to an untrained user, but if you are in a shop getting new boots I'm sure they can check the bindings at the time.

If you buy skis online you will also need to check this setting when you first try your boots in them. I did this myself but got a ski tech to check them in resort (a bit cheeky but we were hiring a pair of skis for my wife at the time and it only took the guy 30 seconds to verify I had done it right).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
peteh, yes but only the heel piece. I'd suggest getting you boots changed before you mount the skis if you suspect you are dropping a size.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
peteh, I don't think I'd worry for a sole size up or down and bear in mind that "boot" size changes don't always change sole lengths.

Edit, by that I mean that as long as they're mounted for one of your pairs of boots they will have enough adjustment to accommodate any other of your boots.

Unless you have interchangeable/modular feet. And they (the skis not your feet) would almost certainly be able to be re-mounted if you suddenly grow/shrank (relatively) immense/tiny feet.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 12-11-13 21:54; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does it depend on the bindings? A few years ago I went down a boot size (think it was a size and a half), which was too much for my bindings had to have them remounted.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Princess?, I guess. e.g. turntable Rossi/Look don't have so much native adjustment but I think are usually on plates now anyway.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the feedback everyone. It sound like I'll probably be ok if I changed boots.
cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy