Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowshepherd off Piste Instruction Week 26th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Are any other snowheads booked to going on livetoski’s instruction week I’m really looking forward to it. I need to improve my off piste and I’ve never been to Chamonix before. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
its the best place in the world, you'll have a great time Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glen Charman, don't know anything about it. I'll be in Cham at the time, so will take a look to see if it's something I'd be interested in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If anyone is wondering what I’m going on about here’s a link

http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/Snowshepcourse/SubProducts/Snowshepcourse-0001
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wish I had the time to be able to do this but I'm just changing jobs at the beginning of December and it would be pushing things to have a week off in January and February Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed at the chalet before - it belongs to some friends. It is fabulous and Jim the chef is brilliant. You will have a great time
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glen Charman, Really like the look of the course and it's on my list but for next year as I'm doing a wee bit of racing again this year. I'd love to hear how you get on, pictures etc . Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed in that very chalet (Les Pelerins) last year - the hosts are really, really good people, and it is a genuinely lovely chalet, and the food is excellent - restaurant quality. My friend is a regular there - he organised the trip last year.

If I weren't already skiing elsewhere at the time, I would go for this: week of off piste instruction with skis to demo? Fun!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I'd love to hear how you get on, pictures etc

There will be lots of pictures and also video, I will be putting together a video of the week as a bit of a promo, with my limited editing skills!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
livetoski wrote:
Quote:

I'd love to hear how you get on, pictures etc

There will be lots of pictures and also video, I will be putting together a video of the week as a bit of a promo, with my limited editing skills!

Will look forward to that snowHead The course may be something I could aspire to in the future!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski, really starting to look forward to the trip
How many have you got on the trip
Do you have any transfer details so I can book a flight
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glen Charman, Ok time to get excited wink the snow forecast looks good with lots of snow next week perfect for the week after.

We have 8 people already so I have space for a couple of late arrivals either with accommodation or without works either way Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
livetoski, any chance of any ski demos for people not doing the course? I'm in Chamonix 23 Jan to 1st Feb and would love to try some DPS skis Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lynseyf, the DPS skis are not really my domain for demo and sales etc but there are demo skis in Chamonix I will find out and let you know via this page
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Smile
snow conditions
looking forward to hearing - and seeing - how this goes. I imagine it's at a higher level of skiing than our "On2Off" week in Les Deux Alpes, which starts tomorrow.
latest report
pam w, will try and keep the thread going while we are there with pics and stuff, not sure what level yet most of us have done some off piste before but will sort into two groups for the week, have fun on your on2off week conditions should be good
snow conditions
lynseyf, ski rental place in Cham Sud (called Local) that hires out DPS and so does Sports Alpins (opposite the Aiguille du Midi lift station).
snow report
Thanks Zero_G, I'm going to try some Down 6s from Concept so would be nice to try some others as well.
snow conditions
Went into Sport Alpins to try and hire some DPS and they said they don't hire them unless you actually want to buy, bit of a weird set up. Concept Pro shop gave me a nice set of Down 6s to try, if I buy them I don't pay the rental fee and if I don' buy them I do, seems much more sensible.
ski holidays
lynseyf, did you try Local? They're in the square next to Sports Alpins — they def hire out DPS.
ski holidays
Well its been a while to sort stuff out been a bit busy, there is a full set of photo's now on my flicker feed hope it works?

Also just finished a video about the week, will be on You tube once I have all the captions correct Toofy Grin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/118103427@N06/
ski holidays
livetoski, that looks good. Do you have your dates for next year? Cool
snow conditions
Mosha Marc,

Dates look like:
25th Jan 2015 Introduction to Off Piste Week
1st Feb 2015 Improver to advanced Off Piste Week
22nd March 2015 Introduction to Off Piste Week (LADIES ONLY!)

and a bit of video that I put together, spot the Snowheads Toofy Grin Best in HD

http://youtube.com/v/vWlXtXPfvvo&list=UUsL-yAhdyZ2AI7mhwWLEKUQ&feature=share

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 20-03-14 12:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
livetoski, cheers. The 1st Feb looks favorite snowHead
latest report
Mosha Marc, Cool I will be updating my site shortly with all the details Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Mosha Marc,
Quote:

livetoski, cheers. The 1st Feb looks favorite

Just done the site updates need a bit of extra stuff plus the ladies only week updated http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/Off-Piste-Skiing-Courses
latest report
livetoski, I think you have done a really go job of the video. I had a fantastic time on the trip it was absolutely brilliant. Very Happy
A word of warning to anybody who’s planning on next year’s trip build up them leg muscles!!! Toofy Grin
livetoski, As I went this year should I do the Introduction or am I now a Improver to advanced Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wtf is a Swiss turn?? Some kind of downweighting??

Nice vid and looks like you got some nice snow in Smile

Who was on the Volk skis who kept falling over Smile
snow conditions
livetoski, nice pics. Count me in for next year on some carbon Preachers???!!!! BTW, the falls are good, perfect skiing is so boring!
snow report
livetoski,

Very noice. Looks like a lot of useful knowledge was spread around. Definitely interested in Feb 1 (I know I've said that twice before but third time lucky!)
snow report
After viewing the video, I have just booked for January 2015 only 257 days to go yippee Toofy Grin
latest report
perelytik1, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Glen Charman, Hi Glen its really up to you, I reckon last years week was at a level of improver, so I would say yes go for that one
Quote:

wtf is a Swiss turn?? Some kind of downweighting?

kitenski, LOL at the Swiss turn it was our instructors description of a turn? Seb was great, he is an ex French team mogul skier as well as a fully qualified guide and instructor for off piste as well, but his description was quite amusing, it was a compression up type turn for the powder to save energy and stuff, was a little like a mogul turn ??? Well it did confuse us a little he made it look easy!

Quote:

Who was on the Volk skis who kept falling over

Well I will name no names and leave it up to the person involved to say! But have to add a few of them were after said person forgot or missed putting his bindings back into ski mode rather than touring mode wink Laughing

Jude no problems you can borrow my skis anytime Very Happy
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
wtf is a Swiss turn??....

It's a retraction turn.
snow conditions
What's a retraction turn?
snow conditions
it's a Swiss turn
snow report
pam w, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
jbob wrote:

Easiest description I can think of is a cross-through with a pivot.
snow conditions
spyderjon wrote:
jbob wrote:

Easiest description I can think of is a cross-through with a pivot.

I understand now.
Typical Swiss.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy