Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens-single accomadation options?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I've been invited to join a mate on ski trip to the above in the middle March, it purely on a tag along basis but not being one to turn down the smallest chance of getting another trip in I'd like to explore my options......

They're staying in a hotel on a package deal, but on investigating the dreaded single supplement I'd bascially be paying for my imaginery friend as the supplement is almost the same as double the cost.

I've looked on Owners Direct and there are a couple of apartments I can rent or around the 450-500 mark, if I wanted to I could try to fill those the extra beds-seem your typical cram 4 people into a shoe box type places but TBH I can live with the above, flights are coming out at around 100 to Chambery so I'm tempted to book these and worry about accomadation later as inc taxes seem like a good price.

So what's the best plan of attack? I was thinking if I wait there may be spare rooms in catered chalets etc that companies will be happy just to fill and waive the S/O charge? I'm assuming the last of the French regions will have had there holidays?

I'm happy just to book something sooner rather than later if this is the concenus-I really don't know VT at all. Happy on my own or in a shared room etc.

Would appreciate any feedback/suggestions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I'm assuming the last of the French regions will have had there holidays?

French hols end mid-March, so accommodation will become easier in the third week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last French hols finish Friday 14th so w/c 15th onwards shouldn't be particularly busy.

Extremely good chance of booking a discounted chalet deal very late with a £100-150 single supplement = net saving overall. Especially if you've already arranged transport thus taking overbooked charter flights out of the equation. I've done it several times.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was thinking Sat 15th-that's when my mate is out.

Should be able to find something in the 3V you'd expect if worst case I can't in VT?

How long would it take roughly to get from the other 3V centres to VT?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grizwald, I'd be amazed if you couldn't find something in VT last minute - there's plenty of UK tour operators there and you're outside both UK and French hols.

If you can't, then Les Menuires/Reberty is 1 or 2 lifts away and a ski home (and a free bus in the evening if you want to meet up) or Meribel Mottaret is 2 lifts there and 2 lifts home from VT centre. Easy to meet your mates at 9:30am in VT if you're on first lift. Plenty of UK operators in both those places.

You won't have a problem; just need to hold your nerve and book 2/3 days before you go.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Grizwald,
I'd be up for a room share in VT mid-to-late March.
Would have been going to VT around that time regardless of the single supplement as there is an SCGB Leader that I PARTICULARLY want to ski with next season (& he ain't doing many weeks/resorts...).

I usually stump up the dreaded single supplement - spent 3 weeks as a solo traveller in catered chalets in VT last season, but booked within 5 days of departure for TO catered chalet deals.
Spent more than I would have liked but I had't heard of snowHeads back then...

Plenty of time to discuss options re hotel/chalet options.
Pop me a PM if interested in room-share for the week you have in mind!

HD
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate, Thanks for the info very useful. Think I'll book the flights and play the waiting game, very worst case it's not like there are at least one or two resorts within reach of Chambery.....

HossDoc Thanks for the offer, I'll drop you a PM.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HossDoc,

PM sent let me know that you got it.

Just noticed your location not remotely close-I'm 30 mins from the Scottish border. Not an issue could have considered sharing transfer and other costs otherwise potentially.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy