Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

another La Grave question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, guys and gals!

1) How hard is it to hire a guide at La Grave on the spot? Early January I'll be spending a week at Serre Chevalier, so I wonder why not take a 30-minute drive and see La Grave for the first time. Now I'm not sure about this, so I don't want to book a guide in advance. What are my options? How probable is it that I will be able to just walk into guide's office and find one available?

2) What are the approximate prices? Guides of La Grave-website says about 450 euros a day. Is it really that low? It sounds very low to me, given the nature of the services they provide...

I wrote them, asking similar questions, but as of now they've been unresponsive, so I'm here...

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They run groups for about 80 Euros a person. I'd wait until a couple of days before and then give them a call. I wouldn't just turn up and see if there is a guide there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a guide in Serre Chevalier whom I would highly recommend - for Serre Che or La Grave.
His English isn't particularly strong but it's good enough to get by (and getting better from having to deal with us on the SOPiB every year) - most importantly, he judges risk really well, whether in the environment or in the group itself.
Based in Monetier, he knows the whole area really well.
An option would be to book him in advance for a day or two, knowing that if La Grave isn't 'right' he'll deliver something else fantastic from Serre Che, Montgenevre etc.

Let me know if you'd like contact.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some of the best guides may already be booked up. I'd say book up as early as you can. €450 per day isn't low - that's about right now for a group of up to 6 for a day. In Val d'Isere where there is more competition it would be more like €400. €80 per day per person to join a group sounds right. You could probably join up for a group a few days before but I'd have thought there is a slight risk you won't find an empty place.

Pierre Rizzardo is very good ( pierre.rizzardo@orange.fr ) or Jean Yves Hubaud ( jeanyves.hubaud@wanadoo.fr ) or if you like to be stretched then Phillipe André is one of my favourite guides ( see http://www.hg2lagrave.com/clubs/guides/---philippe-andre---lagrave-france ) his email used to be racinesurf@aol.com but may have changed so see website)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all very much.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Antony Franklin is also La Grave based and good if you like to gun it snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy