Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste ski for strong intermediate

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pick me a ski.

Standard: I mostly ski at EK and think I'm almost exactly average i.e. I overtake about the same number of skiers as overtake me. I ski reds with confidence and easier blacks. Carving on the blues. I am still slowly getting better but am in my mid-50s so I'm not expecting great further progression.

What I like: I rank agility in turning over high-speed stability. I do some "beside the piste" but realistically, my priority is piste performance.

Other: Male, 75kg. I don't want to spend more than I need to but am not particularly budget-constrained.

There's a plethora of skis - how do you know where to start? I am considering something like the Salomon Enduro LX750. I have to admit the differences between the Enduro models makes my head spin, let alone comparison with other manufacturers.

How much difference would I notice between a 75mm and 80mm model? How much is piste performance compromised by an extra 5mm for all-terrain capability?

What other manufacturers or models should I be looked at?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I ended up with saloon x-wings purely because of all the skis I tried out from a friendly hire shop over a couple of years those were the ones I seemed to like the best.

If there's a ski hire shop that's friendly where you ski maybe try a different set out every day.

I'm not sure I would take others views too seriously as what worked for me didn't work for the other people I skied with. We all liked different skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dynastar outland 80's are an ideal choice,not so fat for the piste yet enough for the I am just going to dabble with the just off edge of the piste crud.. I am 48 nearly 49 and consider myself a good intermediate, and this was my first pair of skis, despite skiing since 1999
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just seen that snowheads are doing test days again. That's the way to choose.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dogwatch, if EK means Espace Killy, then you can try loads of things before you buy and choose what you like best.

5mm in and of itself won't make any difference... E.g. Two skis of identical geometry skis can feel very different given different internals.

P.s. I din't see why you should limit your improvement. Decent instruction is what you need. Skiing well is not necessarily an extrmely athletic sport so age and general fitness should be no huge barrier.

Focused, engaged learning will help immensely.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy