Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyGrip snowchains £49.50 (was £15.27) from Tesco

Poster: A snowHead
They're back again this year at just £15.27 with free click and collect:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/michelin-easy-grip-snow-chains-l13/213-3806.prd

Size L13 only suitable for tyres:

14"
195/70/14

15"
195/65/15
195/70/15
205/60/15
175/80/15

16"
205/55/16
195/60/16

Table of sizes:
http://www.tyresonline.net/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=27

Promo video:

http://youtube.com/v/Nih-ZrCgazw

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 30-09-14 10:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought some last time. Haven't needed to use them yet but they look pretty well made.

Bizarre that this size is available at £15.27 but other sizes are £70+
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the link altis, just bought four. With four wheel drive & winter tyres hopefully it's a total waste of £61 but gotta be legal Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, four?, aren't they supplied in pairs?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
spyderjon, four?, aren't they supplied in pairs?

I'm not sure as the info only says 1 under Pack Size & nowhere in the blurb does it mention a pair - however the video shows the user unpacking a pair from the bag. Reckoned at the that price it was still a no-brainer & there's no additional postage charge so if I end up with eight individual chains I'll just flip four of 'em.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info!

Some confusion here.... Is this price per chain or per pair. I'm assuming it's per pair because the item is described as 'snow chains'.

Will have to wait and see when I pick them up Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
warrell, A pair don't worry! I bought a pair last year, not used them yet but changing the car Sad They are very light!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Bizarre that this size is available at £15.27 but other sizes are £70+

it certainly is. A shame.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've had a more careful look at this now, and the cheap ones would fit my tyres. However, googling around, they don't get good reviews. I don't have very strong hands and some reviews say they require quite a bit of strength to put on - and I'm not clear how effective they'd be in snow. I dislike having to put chains on, as everybody does, but I can generally get them on pretty quickly, these days, so might just go for some conventional chains unless somebody has had a good experience with them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rather glad I bought last years Lidl ones as these would be £80 a pair for my car!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been watching some youtube videos of mounting and de-mounting snow chains. Impeccable girls with beautifully manicured nails who not only get them on the wheels, and off again but back into those dinky little boxes. They start with brand new chains on a very clean car on a snowy white road. Not a mucky lay-by with a thick layer of filthy snow already rammed into the wheel arches. And when they take them off they are still immaculately clean. Hmm. I always sling mine, filthy, into a strong black bin bag. Weissenfels Clack 'n Go look good.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tesco did change which sizes they were selling cheaply before. Keep an eye on them and you may get a pleasant surprise.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i've used very similar in the past and I have to say I found them more difficult to get on, and there quite restrictive on where you can drive them. Once you hit any tarmac road surface they fall appart....drive very slowly in them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
edit, after watching the video...there the exact same ones we had. Once they fell apart we had a hell of a game trying to get money back from carrafour as the manufacturer states they are not to be driven on tarmac.... The alternative being of course to wait until you've already started to slip and slide all over the snow Puzzled

I wouldnt go out in snowy conditions equiped with just these again if you paid me....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've got four wheel drive & snow tyres so only want these to be legal Toofy Grin
ski holidays
eddiethebus, thanks - very helpful. You've confirmed what I thought; I shall avoid. I rarely have to use chains on my snow tyres but when you need them you need them - I'll stick with the devil I know. How nonsensical to say they are not for use on tarmac. rolling eyes
snow conditions
spyderjon wrote:
Thanks for the link altis, just bought four. With four wheel drive & winter tyres hopefully it's a total waste of £61 but gotta be legal Toofy Grin

My landcruiser manual says that you only fit snow chains onto the front wheels with a 4wheel drive vehicle?
snow conditions
jamescollings, I've seen 4WD vehicles with chains on all corners - including Land Rovers. . I've also seen 4WD vehicles (not with chains and quite likely not with snow tyres either) skidded off the road and stuck in the snow. I confess to an inexcusable small thrill of schadenfreude as I potter carefully past in my family saloon. wink
snow conditions
There's nothing wrong with fitting chains to the rear wheels of a FWD car. Don't forget that just because you can 'go' when you put chains on the front it doesn't mean you can 'slow' as effectively with the back. There's nothing like the rear wheels losing contact with the ground and going past the front ones...
snow report
Now sold out.
snow conditions
Price has risen to £99 today - as have all the other sizes, except S11 which stays at £105.
snow report
Size L12 is currently half price at £49.50:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/michelin-easy-grip-snow-chains-l12/213-2604.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=213-2604

Suits these tyres only:

17"
205/50/17
225/45/17
235/45/17
245/40/17
latest report
Size L12 is again down to £49.50. Not an unmissable bargain but still a good price:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/michelin-easy-grip-snow-chains-l12/213-2604.prd

Suits these tyres only:

17"
205/50/17
225/45/17
235/45/17
245/40/17
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy