Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I've been asked to recommend a ski hire shop with online booking/discount for friends going to VT in December. They are staying in La Reine Blanche, so anywhere in the Galerie Caron would be ideal.

I last season used a shop for ski service and was very impressed, but can't remember the name. It's opposite the Oh Shop, inside the Caron centre with the entrance on the short corridor which comes out opposite the Carrefour. Quite a small place, they store and service downstairs which is a narrow staircase for staff only, opposite the counter inside the shop.

Alternatively, I am aware that Zenith have a good reputation, but they are little further away, and quite possibly more expensive.

Any other thoughts / recommendation welcome!

Cheers
Chris
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Chris - we stayed in Reine Blanche last year and used Sports2000, which is inside the Caron centre (just up the stairs from the bus station). Really impressed with the the price and the quality of the equipment. A handy online discount too We'll be using them again this year.

http://ski-hire-sport2000.co.uk/?country=93&station=228&shop=553#&&StayChoicePage=93228553
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for sport2000 in the sports centre, they act as our key holders and both Roger and Ludovic are really good guys.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. Very helpful, info passed on and appreciated.

Chris
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Note, when you click that sport2000 link that snowHeads autoGenerates, it gives you a code to get an extra 5% discount on your ski-hire.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi guys, group of us are going to Club Med in VT in March & I am interested to find out what the nearest ski hire shop to the Club Med hotel is, as the club Med hire skis & boots are waaaay too expensive. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers guys.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As you walk, about 300m, up to town from Club Med, there's a Goitschel shop on the left but it's the smallest one and to book in advance with it, you'd need to use skiset who are somewhat dodgy.
The Caron Centre is only about 50m further, to the right, across the bus park.
There's a big sport2000 shop in there and Alpinresorts represent the Twinn Caron and Caron Sports in there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricay: Club med is practically next door to our apartment block, so all info above applies really.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chaps Thanks very much for the info. It is most appreciated Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Highly recommend Ski Technic. Owner is a bloke called Dede. http://www.ski-technic.com/ It's also the only ski in ski out shop in VT so great place to get your gear and ski off. Then if you need anything tweaking or want to try something else you can just ski in.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll be in VT 5th Jan (also Club Med). I'll bring my own (vintage by now Volkl V Pro) skis but if conditions are good I'd rather like to rent some wider rocker planks like the highly praised Rossignol Soul7. Will this kind of ski be fairly easy to find as a rental? Presumably there will be a bit of a premium to pay for such a specialty ski? Should I book in advance for better price and availability? Thanks.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 16-11-13 22:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Goitschel shop is the only one to carry tele kit in stock too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy