Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody know of a cheap way to get to Les Coches from Bourg St Maurice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am getting the eurostar over this coming season and need a way to get to Les Coches. preferably cheaper than getting a taxi. Could any body help please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is no bus from Bourg St Maurice to Les Coches.

The most cost effective option is to get off the train at Landry (stop after Aime and before Bourg St Maurice - tiny station) and then either get a bus or taxi from there. If you're staying with a chalet company it's also worth asking them if they can pick you up - most of the companies in les coches can do this free of charge.

You can book the bus online here: http://www.autocars-berard.com/

Happy holidays
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any ideas how much a taxi or bus from Bourg would roughly be?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is hitching an option, quite often you see people hitch hiking between villages in the valley during the day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure the Mrs will be up for that option.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Charliefoxtrot, about 50€ in a cab (one way)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Train to Landry and then walk up the hill?

Funiculaire to Arc1600 and ski across?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah why not, its only a short walk! If I go straight up it shouldn't take any time at all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charliefoxtrot wrote:
I am getting the eurostar over this coming season and need a way to get to Les Coches. preferably cheaper than getting a taxi. Could any body help please?

+1 snow and sunshines advice she has a chalet in Les Coches. If you do catch the bus LC isn't the easiest to get around on foot although there is a free Navette that runs around the village, if you google les c there is a map of navette route, stops and times.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charliefoxtrot, hitching is really common round there and not dodgy. I spent the season in Montchavin (the village below Les Coches) last year and we often gave people lifts up/down the hill.

I've walked it to Montchavin, not with luggage, and that felt long enough - took a good hour from Landry shortcutting through the forest. Road would be longer. A taxi from Landry to Montachavin was €17 last year, I guess it would be a few euros more to Les Coches.

As altis, says, funicular to Arc1600 and ski over is a good way of doing it, depending on arrival time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiing and/or walking up/over aren't really an option are they.

The geezer is arriving for a holiday and will have luggage not to mention the good-lady-wife in tow - both items of baggage preclude such adventures
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can get off the train at Landry on the outward journey. You have to start at Bourg st Maurice on the return as the train doesn't stop at Landry.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Red 27 you are quite right, I would be up for heading over from Les Arcs but Mrs Foxtrot is a complete beginner and I am pretty sure she will barely make it to Arc 1800 in a day, let alone getting to the vanoise express.
Without meaning to sound horrible I am so glad for ski school this year!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy