Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach in March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody. A buddy and I are thinking of going skiing in March. He's only skied a couple of times in Sauze whilst this will be my 7th ski trip. Personally I don't rate Sauze for beginners and am hoping Saalbach will be easier for him to get to grips with. I've got a few questions on Saalbach which Id be grateful for help with:

1. Is Saalbach beginner friendly?
2. Is ski school all day or just mornings?
3. How well are the different ski areas linked? Is it possible to ski the whole area without getting a bus?
4. Is the snow in mid-March ok? (I've heard rumours that Austrian resorts suffer at this time of year)
5. Is the apres-ski expensive?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gremlin81, Welcome to Snowheads.

1) Yes - easy beginners area in the centre of the village, then loads of blues (and later reds) to progress to further up the mountain.

2) Group lessons are usually all day (Snowacademy or Furstauer are both excellent). Private lessons are 2 hours, whenever you want them. Add Zink to your list of ski schools for Privates as well as the two others.

3) It is possible to ski the circuit from Saalbach to Hinterglemm and back either clockwise or anticlockwise without ever getting on a bus - but the bus is useful if you run out of steam half way round. You can also ski from Saalbach to Leogang and back (just two short red bits, so a strong beginner might be able to do it by the end of the week).

4) Usually good, certainly above the mid-station level at 1500m. Sometimes in late March it can get a bit slushy on the lower runs back into the resort, but that's all of 2 km out of over 200 km. If it's too slushy, just download on the gondolas and use the energy you've saved to walk 20 paces into Bauers or Spitz Pub in Saalbach or Goasstall in Hinterglemm.

5). Apres is very reasonable, as is food and drink on the mountain. Half a litre of excellent cold Austrian beer (mmm...) costs €2.20 in Bobby's from 16.00 - 18.00; usual price at the various après bars is about €3.50.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gremlin81, agree totally with all Quintons points. Would add I have been in mid march last 2 yrs and booked again 18th in 2014. Go for it !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

walk 20 paces into Bauers or Spitz Pub in Saalbach or Goasstall in Hinterglemm

or hop on the Turmlift and join the party at the Hinterhag Alm Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. Saalbach is all booked up for the second week in March, can't wait!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy