Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Val Thorens on the 23/11-need people to share transfers/cheap options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Am staying in Val Thorens for a month and looking for season work with a friend but have recently discovered that transfer companies don't operate until December on the most part. If anyone else was going to Val Thorens/Meribel/Courchevel on the 23rd of November would be great if we could share a transfer to reduce costs as private transfers are (at best) £130 pp for a single. Or if someone is hiring a car at that time and has space for 2 people and luggage we would happily pay you to give us a lift!

Also, if you happen to know any cheap options (trains, buses, or companies that do operate shared transfers in November) it would be really good if you could let me know. Car hire/driving there ourselves is not an option as parking costs for a month or potentially a season are obviously more expensive than getting a private transfer.

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sam H,
You could park free of charge just down the road in Les Menuires (next to a ski lift). You could then take a bus to Val T at the start of your trip and ski back to the car at the end of your trip.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads Sam H, snowHead

You don't say how you're getting there in the first place. Are you flying to Geneva?
Trains aren't very expensive. The station you want for VT is Moutiers Salins.
There are regular buses up to VT. Although they aren't hugely frequent in November, there are a few each day. Around 15-20€ each way IIRC.

If you're really looking to keep costs down though, I wouldn't be shy to hitch-hike up the hill to VT. Hitching is a lot more common in the mountains than it is in the UK these days.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sam H wrote:
Hi guys,

Am staying in Val Thorens for a month and looking for season work with a friend but have recently discovered that transfer companies don't operate until December on the most part. If anyone else was going to Val Thorens/Meribel/Courchevel

Welcome to snowHead

Not much point in going to Meribel or Courchevel if you want to be in Val Thorens - lifts in those resorts don't start until 8th December so you can't get round on skis, and if you're driving you've gone up the wrong side of the mountain. St Martin De Belleville or Les Menuires are on the right road to VT however

as admin has said, easiest thing is to get a bus from Moutiers - http://www.altibus.com/reservation/horaires.aspx?cp=fr&rt=MOU45&dA=23/11/2013 running 07:30, 12:15 and 17:45. 10 Euro. You can get trains there from Paris - note it's Moutiers in the Tarentaise region your looking for. And cos the French are reasonably good at joined up transport the bus station and train station are next door to each other.

enjoy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sam H, Welcome to snowHead

If you need to catch the train from the airport (I'd assume Geneva) you can find the times here - www.sncf.com if you look under the 'Horaires & Reservation' section.
The station you are aiming for is 'Moûtiers - Salins-les-Thermes - Brides-les-Bains'.

If you let us know where you are travelling from we could give you more details.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys really helpful. Sorry forgot to say I'm flying in to Geneva airport, it's looking like a train to Moutiers and then a bus from Moutiers to VT from the suggestions so far Smile Did consider hitchhiking but not sure it's a viable option when carrying a fair amount of luggage! The free parking option is a good suggestion but I'm not sure the car would survive an entire winter season parked outside as I only have a Toyota yaris, plus I would have to buy snow chains and with petrol cost it adds up to quite a lot! Thanks again and any further ideas would be great!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Add your details on findtransfers.com for shared transfers. There is already a shared available to Val D'Isere that day - you could get in touch and see if they could take you to Moutiers, quicker then the train. Good luck! Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's a great website will definitely use that in future! Have now booked a train with Rail Europe from London St Pancras all the way to Moutiers and we've then booked a bus from there to Val Thorens (altibus) which was only 6 euros each Smile The train was £103 in case anyone else is looking for the cheapest way to get there in November.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sam H, that sounds like a great plan! Glad you like the site. Have a great time in VT!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks I'm sure it will be really good!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy