Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"You're Nicked!" - French Speeding Ticket by Post

Poster: A snowHead
Current advice on the Latania.co.uk website says (under 'News - Winter 2014'):
Quote:
Driving: Still no "sharing" of speeding points between the UK & France
There must be between France and Switzerland though - I've just received a speeding ticket/€45 fine from an offence committed in my Geneva hire car in July Sad. Somewhere near Moutiers, 99kph in a 90 limit....Bah humbug Mad .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I imagine it's different if you're in a hire car.

EUR45 with no points actually seems quite reasonable, although that 10% margin does look a little harsh!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, there has been for some time. There's also a new arrangement between most EU countries on the sharing of fines and points, so expect to see the Belgians and Germans taking it a bit easier on the French motorways from now one. The UK and ROI didn't sign it so you'll only get caught in person by a cop or by hire car plates.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2327928
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
albinomountainbadger, The M1 between Dublin and Belfast is brilliant as the Irish Reg plates cross the Northern border they speed up and and as the NI Plates cross south they do the same. All safe in the knowledge nothing can be done about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i got caught speeding in the UK in a hire car a few months ago. As i was then out the country in france and unable to send driving licences etc the police let me off saying that they were unable to process the penalty Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

EUR45 with no points actually seems quite reasonable, although that 10% margin does look a little harsh!

French law is 5% + 20 km/h for the lowest level of fine. I think it's very fair compared to getting nicked in the UK.

I got caught a few years ago doing 156 km/h on an autoroute which resulted in a very politely requested €40 fine which I paid by (French) cheque. 156 km/h = 97mph which would be a mandatory court appearance in the UK, with 3-6 points and about a £500 fine!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate, What's the fine for 250 kph on a bike? Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
What's the fine for 250 kph on a bike?
Mountain bike or road bike Avalanche Poodle? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Avalanche Poodle, I don't know, what is it? Are bikes so special that they have a different fine system?

Or is it just the riders that are special (needs) Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mountain bike with fat DH tyres Toofy Grin

All bikers could be considered to be very special snowflakes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did 275kmh on Saturday in Bedford.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Filthyphil30k, I am pretty limited by a lack of a fairing and the 100lts of luggage, even sucking my belly into the tank and doing a Norman Wisdom impression I can't get much more out of her Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Avalanche Poodle, fair play to you , I was in a car.

Remover some one on a rizla logoed bike doing a wheelie t 100 up the m1
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LOL... I wish my car went that fast. 158mph is the highest I've seen on my naked, feels like you are in a bloody hurricane lol. I'm too scared to wheelie it, I just know that at some point I'll flip it if my mountain biking is anything to go by Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Avalanche Poodle, sensible, stops you being scraped up.
snow report
Haha, just read my phones idea of what I was trying to say.
snow report
mountainaddict, I got caught in a hire car. Hire company charged me EUR40 for passing on my details. French plod sent the fine to my home address. I thought it would be better to pay it in case they caught up with me later. At that point they were unable to process it. (Think that was about 18 months ago)

Fattes13, Mate got clocked on the Dundalk bypass part of the M1 doing 130MPH. By the time they clocked me I was hard on the brakes down to 80 (Thanks Snooper). Thought he had got away with it until we got to the Boyne toll. They had a line of Northern cars at the side. They were issuing 'on the spot' fines. You paid on the spot or you didn't continue your journey. His was EUR1000.00 He didn't have it on him, so they threw him in Drogheda Jail until his Missus got cash out of the bank and went down and paid it.

Moral of the story - Skip the tolls if you think you got spotted Toofy Grin
snow report
Thornyhill wrote:
mountainaddict, , Mate got clocked ... doing 130MPH. By the time they clocked me I was .... down to 80...

Mates , eh! I know , mine are massive trouble... Good thing we would never do anything like that wink
ski holidays
I once got three speeding fines from one journey from Zurich to Engleberg - they were far too expensive to pay, so I have ignored them. Five years later, I still feel nervous flying into GVA...
snow report
France & Swissland share info, as does much of the EU. The UK doesn't subscribe to this.

If you get nicked in a rental car, the rental company will pass on your details (and charge you about £40 for this "assistance"). You will probably get a ticket in the post, *however* it works similar to the UK in that you might not have been driving. Your choices are fess up and pay or just ignore.

If you're in your own car then you can quite happily play with the cameras and you won't hear anything about it. Be careful though, a lot of French ones are front-facing and are blinding at night!

In rental cars: always ignored any post and never had a bother. Spanish ones come in a rather impressive ministerial envelope and include a holiday snap!
In my own car: once had a NIP from Belgium, but nothing else - and never paid anything.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy