Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NZ ski accident

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hadn't seen this on here - but saw that Andreas Fransson's ski buddy had been killed on Mt Cook in a sidebar this morning

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/9360482/Extreme-skier-killed-on-Mt-Cook-named
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Write up from Andreas on his blog, very sad and I can't imagine how hard it must have been to turn around and just find your friend gone like that. Sad

http://andreasfransson.se/2013/11/the-new-zealand-adventure-the-mountain-tales-death-of-magnus-kastengren-from-my-perspective/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Extraordinarily moving and sad. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very, very sad story.
Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad news indeed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well written and very sad. Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica wrote:
Extraordinarily moving and sad. Crying or Very sad

+1 Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1
RIP Magnus Kastengren.

Andreas ( I've never met him and am highly unlikely to but it says a lot about the guy that everyone feels comfortable calling him by his first name) has lost a few friends to the mountains and the alpine life now. It's always hugely reassuring that the skier who is the gnarliest of them all, putting in astonishing and stunning feats of ski alpinism with such precision, commitment and knowledge, can write so clearly and movingly about his loss (even in his second language). There is no macho dudery, boasting or "me. me.me" going on. He is always very, very clear and quietly humble on the value of pursuing his way of life even in the face of the ultimate cost.

I guess the "awesome dude high five" approach has its place but what he does and how he does it, is in another dimension. In an age of PR corporate glitter and overpaid, tantrum throwing, pampered sports stars, he is a real inspiration. I also suspect there may be a few others like him out there doing similar things, whom we don't ever hear about and never will. I really am in proper awe of such humans.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Both Manguns and Andreas have been friends of mine almost since they first set foot in the valley of Chamonix. I feel lucky an honored to have known them both as friends seen them mature of the the years.
Magnus with all his mad optimism and crazy antics, will be sourly missed, he was not only one of the fumiest people in a very daft sort of way but also one the cleverest people I will ever meet (he was ranked in the top 10 in Chess in Sweden at age 13!).
The "awesome dude high five" set do very much exist here and a good few of them will on a powder morning will be sharing the lift ride up, the powder ride down and more importantly the snow assessment and management duties in those first few turns. But while their noise and public persona are quite different to the more reserved of attitude they are still very much mountain friends.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That was a tough thing to read (sitting here at my desk at work, blinking back tears). Even though the things these guys do carry high risk, it's always sad when someone dies doing them and makes me question the path I've set myself on. But then I take some comfort from the idea that dying doing what you love is better than dying doing what you hate and that is the way I would prefer to go.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Idris,
Thanks for that background
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A very moving and genuine account Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy