Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2013-2014 Copper Mountain Resort, Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
The most important mountain cam at Copper is the Snow Stake Cam:

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/the_mountain/snow_stake_cam

From there, you can get a nice view of how it looks from various spots around the mountain:

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/the_mountain/mountain_webcams

Copper opened last Friday with 5" of new snow. The snow has been coming pretty consistently (and, it seems, nicely early) so far. I'll keep updating this thread with current conditions each day I ski and as the season progresses.

I'll be there this Friday if anyone happens to be around!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssh,

How are the conditions there? I will be in Golden for 2 days next week, and was planning on skiing both days. Looks like Copper may be the best bet around right now?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jonkgray78, there was a single trail open at Copper today, Ptarmigan into Rhapsody. There were dozens of national team members from all over the world (we saw Australia, Japan, Canada, and US for sure, but I think there were a number of others, too), and they were using a couple of additional trails for training. I do not have word on when they will expand into more terrain for the general public, but the Flyer side looks like it could open if they have the staff to support it.

I would also check on Loveland and A Basin before deciding. I'm sorry I'll miss you; I'll be in Saudi Arabia this coming week!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Copper looking southeast towards the back side of Breck
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssh, Thanks for the update. Think I might check Copper out as I have a RMSP. Believe Winter Park is opening the 13th too, but the webcams don't look as encouraging. I'll be out there a few ties this winter, so will let you know next time I am there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome... They we doing directed skiing on Hallelujah, so you may get lucky!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just spent 2 days at Copper. Great early season conditions! They are in need of some fresh snow (rumoured to be coming this weekend), but with all the man made stuff there was top to bottom runs open, and all served by high speed lifts.

The snow was hard pack, but softened as the day went on, helped by the blue skies!

Plenty of race teams in, including the USA women, so felt very slow on the slopes. After my bad luck in Tignes last week, this was just what I needed to get some practice in before the season starts. Anyone in Colorado next week should have some good conditions, and I can recommend Copper Mountain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We spent some time on the mountain again today prior to our kickoff orientation meeting for Ski & Ride...

Flyer was open today, and more terrain with 5" reported overnight. They are expecting 5-10" tonight, and the snow guns are pumping hard to open more terrain soon. I remain impressed by the work mountain ops is doing prepping terrain. Ya'll come!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They got 8" last night, powder everywhere this morning, with more terrain open.

During orientation yesterday they let us in on new lesson deals and programs, so if you're interested in coming to Copper and taking some lessons, let me know!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ssh, Looks like you are getting plenty more snow this week?

I should be out there again 10/11/12th Dec, and plan to ski Copper on the 11th. I'd be very interested in some lessons

Jon
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The snow has continued to be good, and it's snowing now, with 6" reported this morning. The ops team is continuing to open new terrain, and even the Rock Garden on Hallelujah bowl is starting to open. As is always the case early season, it's good to be mindful of the troughs between moguls and areas of the mountain that can get thin, but overall, the coverage is exceptional for this early.

I'll be up again between Christmas and New Years and will report on how the new snow is impacting terrain and conditions.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The snow has continued to fall regularly (here's hoping the pattern holds throughout the season!) and we've had quite a number of true Colorado powder days. Today is a bit of a break in the snow, but more due tomorrow. Colorado storms are typically in the 4"-8"/day range, and these have been in that range, but back-to-back-to-back with only a day or two between. Base at Copper is into the 50" range with over 145" of snowfall for the season.

Hope you can come play at "my" mountain... it's setting up to be a solid season...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skied Copper today... the snow started a bit before 9am, and at 9, the snow started dumping, blowing in sideways. They'll likely report 6-8" for the snow today, but it skied deeper. The east side of the mountain is all skiing great, and the glades have filled in nicely. Runs like Ore Deal, Over Lode, Freefall and Black Bear Glades, and pretty much everything we skied was stellar (as long as you don't mind not being able to see a lot).

I'll be back next Sunday...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This season's snow is shaping up to be among the best in recent memory. We're over 200" for the season (at a resort that averages 270" for the season and we're only halfway through!). And more is coming. If you come to the States, please let me know if you're going to ski Colorado; I'd love to show you around "my" mountain!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just spent 3 weeks skiing Beaver Creek, Vail, Keystone, Beckenridge, Arapahoe Basin and Copper. Fantastic!
latest report

We are now over our normal annual snowfall and this month is typically our snowiest. The snow has been coming so regularly, that most bump runs have small bumps, and the wind often delivers powder shots from the troughs. Truly an exceptional season. We're open until 4/20 (Easter), so come visit if you are able!
ski holidays
I don't know anyone on this thread so this is an APB to all the folks in the know. I have to visit Fort Collins on Thursday 3rd April and fly out of Denver at about 4pm the next day. I know nothing of the different resorts in the area or travel times so where would be good to stay on Thursday night in order to get a good morning's ski in before I head for the airport?
snow conditions
andyph, I'd suggest planning a ski for Loveland, since it's close, has had great snow, and it's easy to get back to the airport. You can stay at the Marriott in Golden or any of the other hotels in that area and get there in less than an hour. You can also stay in the hotels in Silverthorne/Dillon and ski anywhere in Summit County for the day. All resorts will still be fully open that day.

Let me know if you'd like any additional information...
snow conditions

With less than a month left in the Copper season (unless Copper, like some of the other Summit County resorts, elects to stay open a bit longer), we're still getting snow to freshen the surface, and today I was able to find a number of opportunities to make multiple turns in virtually untouched snow. Quite lovely!

In this photo at the base near our locker room, you see how much snow we have since the steps are packed into the snow that is covering the grass that's at the same level as the sidewalk! Plenty of snow... come and play!
snow conditions
It's dumping at Copper tonight... Tomorrow and Friday will both be powder days. Get ya some! snowHead
latest report
Sunday night . . . Oh dear Sad It's dumping again . . . Think I'm gonna have to grease up the board . . . Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Wonderful day and it stayed very cold keeping the snow light and fluffy. Even the narrow Nordicas stayed on top without undue quad-strain. I like how they piste just one side of a piste and leave the other to the ravages of the powder hounds. There are still lots of powder stashes (sp) to explore tomorrow Toofy Grin
snow report
Nice, Masque! I won't be back until late next week, from the looks of it (sudden trip to the Middle East after this trip to Orlando), but I'll look forward to what's still there by then!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy