Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La foret - La Rosiere campsite

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, heading to Bourg area this winter (very loose plans) in a motorhome and was going to park in Bourg and use funicular to Les Arcs each day. But a guy on another website has just posted that he is pitching up ay La Foret in La Rosiere.

Anyone stopped there before? Is it really a walk to the lifts?

Before it's said, I have emailed them and the reply was "yes it's fine" - not the in depth answer I was looking for !

Any advice welcome.

Thank you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never been there, but on this website it says there is a regular shuttle bus from the site to the lifts:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://www.campinglarosiere.com/planducampinglarosiere.html

The text halfway down the page says:
"It is 2km from the resort of La Rosière, served in winter shuttle to the ski lifts.
It is however only 500m from the village through a forest trail (also very popular with campers)"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I meant to look where the site was when we went to an apartment in La Rosiere last year but forgot rolling eyes We once started up to it years ago towing the caravan but the weather closed in and we decided to stay down in Bourg.

From memory of looking at it on maps etc its off the road before you get to the resort. Thinking about the geography that I remember I would imagine its quire a walk up to the lifts, probably to the Les Eucherts end, but maybe its possible to ski back down to it? I`d guess it'd be all through the trees.

You could always try La Foret for a couple of days but if it doesn't work for you move back down to Bourg.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jph123, I don't know anything about this site, but a useful trick to finding the accurate location of camp/motorhome sites is to look on Google Earth - if you have a rough idea of location you can usually identify them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi I stayed there a couple of years ago in my motorhome, its not to far to walk to the slopes if you take the path up, however it was just easier timing it to catch the bus that comes into the site. It was a nice site with friendly people running the campsite. There is also a place to park and sleep the van for free just as you get into the village, no facilities at all, a little bit grim when I was there
The site in Bourg is good with easy shopping and cheap restuarants, also as it is lower it does not get quite so cold, there is a minibus to take you to the lift, still it is a lot of faffimg around to get to Les Arc
Best place for motorhome try Deux Alp 10m from the slope, it is an aire was10 Euros a night including electric, showers and swimming pool free with lift pass. Also Alp Dhuez has an Aire for 10 Euros again lift pass will give you use of showers and the swimming pool complex
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lamperter wrote:

Best place for motorhome try Deux Alp 10m from the slope,

Quite a long drive from Bourg St. Maurice though. Couple of options nearer BSM are:

http://www.camping-savoie-mont-blanc-lanchettes.com/ - in the piesey-vallandry valley, buses to/from Peisey where there's a bubble lift to take you upto the Vanoise. Pretty & quiet

A smallsih campervan spotting in la plagne - ski in/out close to Plagne Villages - http://www.motorhomeski.com/places-to-stay/france/savoie/la-plagne-village
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy