Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen ski rental

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Going to Wengen with some friends who need to hire equipment, would
anyone have a discount code for Intersport please?
Thank you snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're staying in a hotel you might be able to take advantage of their discount arrangements.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
provenjohn, According to the post by Ronald on 6th October in this thread, you get a 10% discount when you pre-book through https://www.intersportrent.ch/en
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, I can get rentals quite a bit cheaper from the Skiset shop, SKISET W in Wengen but can't work out how far their shop is
from the Hotel Silberhorn which is opposite the train station, does anyone know the shops location?
Ta
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wengen is fairly compact, so you're not going to be far away wherever it is. I think there are about 4 or 5 shops on the stretch of about 200 yards from station to just beyond the cable car. Maybe Molitor is the skiset one ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nearest Skiset outlet to Wengen is actually in Grindelwald according to their site, so about 1 hour 20 mins each way on the train and a short walk (a few hundred meters) at Grindelwald. I think all 3 shops in Wengen are Intersport
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf wrote:
Nearest Skiset outlet to Wengen is actually in Grindelwald according to their site, so about 1 hour 20 mins each way on the train and a short walk (a few hundred meters) at Grindelwald. I think all 3 shops in Wengen are Intersport

That's interesting. You would definitely not want to hire from Grindelwald!
I thought I'd hired from one of the Wengen shops a few years back intending to use a skiset discount but found that the discount from the hotel was better. Maybe I was mistaken or the franchise has changed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
By the way Alpin Resorts also use the same shop in Grindlewald as mentioned above.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
provenjohn, 3 hire shops in the main street - all give discounts as long as you ask!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf wrote:

Just checked and the Ski set website refers to Skiset W as being on Dorfstrasse - the main drag - with a 3823 postcode. Other than that, they are a bit coy about the name of the shop.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DCG wrote:
D G Orf wrote:

Just checked and the Ski set website refers to Skiset W as being on Dorfstrasse - the main drag - with a 3823 postcode. Other than that, they are a bit coy about the name of the shop.

Thanks for that, my thoughts exactly! Think I'll just stick with Intersport then, they have a shop, Alpia Sport that is in the Hotel Silberhorn, can't find a decent discount code though, Hey Ho!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking at the pictures that are supposedly of Skiset W there are two pics from outside the store, I've been going to Wengen since I was born in 1968 and if those last two pics are in Wengen I would be astounded, if you look at their shop location map for Switzerland you will see a store in Grindelwald (Buri sport) but none in Wengen, likewise clicking on the Wengen Store map doesn't work, all very suspicious, of course they might possibly be in negotiations with one of the existing Wengen stores all of whom are located on the high street but it does seem odd
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, From the Skiset website:
Ski hire Skiset W

For a great winter holiday at the Wengen resort, make sure you have the best skiing equipment! For rentals, trust the sliding sports pros and pop in at our Skiset W store. Ideally located in the very heart of Wengen, the Skiset W store is a true Ali Baba cave if you're looking for inexpensive, state-of-the-art skiing equipment. The experienced Skiset W team makes a point of providing quality and personalised service to all our customers. Advance rentals are available. If you are more of a snowboarding type, Skiset W has a great selection of top-brand snowboards, and skiing shoes of every size! Tell us what you need, and we will find the right equipment for every budget. And don't forget to check our rental discounts from time to time!
Rent skis now at Skiset W

Resort Information Hire from this shop

Information

Address:

Dorfstrasse

3823 Wengen

Hours:

Week: 08:30 - 18:30

Week end: 08:30 - 18:30

The shop is closed between 12:00 and 14:00
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DCG, We seem to be talking about two different websites! The skiset link in your post (after the snowHeads warning message comes up) takes you to a website called alpin.resorts.com, which as D G Orf says states that the nearest shop is in Grindelwald. Your quoted text about the "resort information hire from this shop" seems to be from a website http://wengen.skiset.co.uk/shops/skiset-w/shop.html
Puzzled

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 6-11-13 7:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink, Not sure, but I assumed that the link to Sk*set (which I didn't create) was something conjured up by admin as it appears to be an automatic replacement for the word Skiset. As you say, it points to a different website. The copy-and-paste I did was from skiset.co.uk. Interestingly on that site Wengen isn't listed in the Alpes Bernoises section of the "our resorts" tab, but Grindelwald is. However, Wengen does appear in the alphabetic list later which is how I got the address. Also, when I tried the main hire enquiry earlier on the front page, it didn't bring up anything for Wengen but it now offers the SkisetW shop. Maybe some maintenance going on!
snow report
DCG, I know however my previous comment stands whereas they give more detailed information about other stores such as the Buri shop in nearby Grindelwald that's not there for Wengen, now it could be that this year they are going to be either taking over one of the other 3 stores or setting up a new one but until the season starts I doubt we will know
latest report
D G Orf, I agree. As I said in my earlier post, they were being a bit coy about giving any details of the shop. The good news is we now don't have too long to wait to find out the answer as the season is almost upon us.
latest report
A couple of years back we had a load of skis booked for the Off Piste Bash through Skiset.
The shop was right on the edge of town, a tiny place in the basement of an apartment block, so obscure that absolutely no one in town, shops or public, had any idea it existed - and hence couldn't direct us there Confused
Three sperate parties of snowHeads sought it for over an hour and when we eventually found it, it had a pile of run-down kit aimed at families without much of a budget; they simply didn't have the skis we had ordered. But, assuming we were typically hapless punters, they tried to palm us off with whatever they could. They had 3 or 4 pairs of all-mountain skis that they gave us as off-piste, blunt, unserviced and the same pair of skis was offered whatever standard U had booked. El Hen was given a pair whose bindings were set 2 points differently from each other! Shocked

Declaring the offering sub standard, I was given the standard Gallic shrug and told I should take it up with Skiset central if I wanted. The standard approach yielded nothing but a list of hurdles to jump through that would ensure refund was more hassle than walking away. Fortunately, at the time, we were referring them a large amount of business and so, upon speaking to my 'business contact' all charges were refunded without too much delay.

I felt confident continuing to recommend skiset knowing that my contact could back us up should any snowHeads have similar problems. Unfortunately though, he no longer has the power to resolve such issues, since he is directly out-ranked by the guy who designed the policy to make resolution as difficult as possible.
Hence, my dissolution of our referral arrangement and my ongoing recommendation not use the central skiset booking service whatever discount they are offering.

Use alpinresorts, sport2000, Intersport or contact the shop directly.
ski holidays
admin, Ah, so that's why the Skiset link here automatically defaults to alpinresorts (although following the warning about Skiset you do give the option of going to the actual Skiset site)! Smile
latest report
Indeed Alastair Pink, and it gets worse than that, trust me! Confused
It takes a lot for me to actively recommend against someone like this - live 'n let live 'n all - but to put it simply: in my experience, I have found skiset to be completely untrustworthy as a result of the influence that one particularly unethical individual holds over company policy.
latest report
Strange. Conversely, of all the shops I've used, the best one was a Skiset one, and the only one ever to give me a pair of pristine skis that had never been used. Although tbf that was the shop direct, and you can still get all the same discounts as online, referrals, etc. Nobody pays the full price.

Although for the OP, I'd not look any further than Central Sport, which I believe is Intersport. Didn't a sH used to work there once upon a time?
snow report
admin, So that explains it. I guessed that there was a story there. My own experience of skiset has been patchy at best - not getting the discounts I expected from the advertising for example.
ski holidays
andy wrote:
Although for the OP, I'd not look any further than Central Sport, which I believe is Intersport. Didn't a sH used to work there once upon a time?

He still does! (well at least he was there last year) Smile
That's snowHead username stab (who subsequently adopted the name jonny luv plums but has reverted back to stab for his more recent posts). Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Molitor Sport & Mode
Dorfstrasse
CH-3823 Wengen

Ph +41 (0)33 855 2131
info@molitor.ch
www.molitor.ch

Click their online rental link and it directs you to InterSport
latest report
musher, AFAIK the ski rental shops in Wengen in recent years have all been part of Intersport.
latest report
Hmmm, think I'll book their gear from Alpia Sort which is the Intersport shop at the Hotel Silberhon, anything for an easy life Smile
Thanks for the advice
latest report
Hi, I'm told it's a new shop located: Haus Gertsch, Parz. 1726, Dorfstrasse, 3823 Wengen
Any views on that being correct?
Thnks
snowHead
ski holidays
Where is Wengen, France?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, I hope your geography of East Africa is better than your geography of Europe. wink
latest report
Damn you pam w ( Laughing ), I was fishing but no bits except you Laughing
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
Where is Wengen, France?

This is wen-gen, the top ski resort in Holland, biggest downside is the altitude of -2M Toofy Grin
snow report
provenjohn, its possible, could even be one of the old families, the shop that for many years has been the Swiss Made shop in Wengen used to be a ski hire/sales shop but I cannot for the life of me remember the current (if he's still alive) owners name, his father ran it as the ski shop in those days the ski store in Wengen was a big wooden shed behind central sport, these days of course we have heated boot racks and comfy seats to sit on whilst we put our boots on
ski holidays
Piste basher out grooming the Schilthorn slope today,getting ready for the snow tomorrow !!

snow report
admin wrote:
A couple of years back we had a load of skis booked for the Off Piste Bash through Skiset.
The shop was right on the edge of town, a tiny place in the basement of an apartment block, so obscure that absolutely no one in town, shops or public, had any idea it existed - and hence couldn't direct us there Confused
Three sperate parties of snowHeads sought it for over an hour and when we eventually found it, it had a pile of run-down kit aimed at families without much of a budget; they simply didn't have the skis we had ordered. But, assuming we were typically hapless punters, they tried to palm us off with whatever they could. They had 3 or 4 pairs of all-mountain skis that they gave us as off-piste, blunt, unserviced and the same pair of skis was offered whatever standard U had booked. El Hen was given a pair whose bindings were set 2 points differently from each other! Shocked

Declaring the offering sub standard, I was given the standard Gallic shrug and told I should take it up with Skiset central if I wanted. The standard approach yielded nothing but a list of hurdles to jump through that would ensure refund was more hassle than walking away. Fortunately, at the time, we were referring them a large amount of business and so, upon speaking to my 'business contact' all charges were refunded without too much delay.

I felt confident continuing to recommend skiset knowing that my contact could back us up should any snowHeads have similar problems. Unfortunately though, he no longer has the power to resolve such issues, since he is directly out-ranked by the guy who designed the policy to make resolution as difficult as possible.
Hence, my dissolution of our referral arrangement and my ongoing recommendation not use the central skiset booking service whatever discount they are offering.

Use alpinresorts, sport2000, Intersport or contact the shop directly.

Hahaha the power of googling ski set wengen, I'm back.

Ski set wengen is nothing to do with the intersport shops in wengen.
This post has been sponsored by the Jonny luv plums central sport appreciation society, keep standing sideways. Peace.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 26-11-13 11:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
stab, Welcome back, you've been missed. Very Happy
snow report
stab, Central is who I've been recommending/using for years (decades) in Wengen, their stock of equipment, facilities and staff knowledge make for an excellent store
snow report
Judge Dredd would like to point out - Central is online

PS welcome back stab
ski holidays
Welcome back stab wink
ski holidays
stab, Welcome back! Talking of which, how is the back? - I trust you haven't been damaging it more than usual with your jumps off kickers etc, or are you getting more sedate in your old age .... Toofy Grin
snow report
Haha the back and injuries in general got so bad I really don't go boarding as much as I used to, did a lot of freeride last year but i get bored of that, I even went skiing twice, mastered it and never went back to it Wink I have a baby now so going up the hill and wrecking myself won't happen much this year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy