Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3V Old Piste maps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any really old piste maps for any of the 3 valleys? I'd be particularly interested in Courchevel, but would love to see any of them.

http://skimap.org/SkiAreas/view/1079 only has back to 2005, but I'd like to go back further.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magicrichard, Not 3v but you may be interested in the old piste maps here http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/CollectionPlansPistes.htm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heck, I had loads including 3V 1991-92 but I binned them all in my last house move. They had some great retro typefaces too...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
probably got some from 1998 somewhere, also have a Kitzbuhel 'race' map from 1999 when we were there at the same time as the Mens WC Downhill race. Did the race course on the Sunday when it was still 'race ready' spent most of it falling on my backside, but in my defence I was on my wifes Head ski's with little or no edges.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ansta1, That would be really interesting to see! Possible to take a picture maybe?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll dig them out of the 'old ski maps' box, probably got Vail and Selva from 98, Vail 99 and 3v's for most years in between plus few others to boot. Got to finish packing the stuff for the InsideOut trip to Tignes on Thursday so will have a rummage over the next couple of nights. Haven't seen the Kitz one in a while but I am sure it's in the box with the others somewhere.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1, Amazing, thank you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got a 2002-03 and a 2003-04.

And another one without a date on but I suspect it might be 2007-08.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I should be able to find a 1995 3V map, that was the first time I went to Courchevel 1650, seems like only yesterday Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I will have a look tonight at the collection, but I am sure I have some stuff going back to th eearly 90s. Sadly I cannot recall any major changes in the Courchevel valley.

BTW I love the grading scheme on the old La Plagne map

F = blue
PD = Green
AD = yellow
D = red

Notice how blue and green have now swapped places
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've taken a look at my old piste maps. I have a couple of Courchevel from '87 & '88 - well before the Albertville olympics - there's nothing showing below Bouc blanc and La Tania is not connected to the lift system at all. Thing is - I haven't a clue how to post the image on here!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This all sounds really interesting. I don't know how best to advise any of you to get images up, but I'm sure some friendly snowHead will be along soon!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
duncan, would like to see that if you can get the image up
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy