Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maybe driving to val thorens, first week dec.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we are planning a trip from Reading to Val Thorens first week of December, just 2 of us in a people carrier, so thinking of flying unless anyone interested in splitting the cost ? Could take 6 plus luggage (est .total cost 700 incl. fuel/ferries and tolls)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How do you get to 700 quid for fuel, ferries and tolls?

I go there several times a year, indeed the following week.

Ferries 50 - 80 quid return.
Fuel say 140 - 150 quid
tolls iirc are around 170 quid.

So maybe 350 quid all in.

Sounds like you might be wanting all your costs covered.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
emwmarine, agreed, max inc breakdown cover, ferries and tolls works out at 450. Unless of course the people carrier in question is doing 10 mpg...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
emwmarine, I agree the OP's costs seem high but you won't find many people carriers which will get from Reading to Val Thorens on £75 worth of fuel. And I pay £150 return on eurotunnel.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, It probably was slightly optimistic but not by much. I book the ferries a fair way in advance. My return ticket on 14th december was

Total price paid including all taxes and surcharges

£66.75

My c4 grand picasso does about 48 mpg at french motorway speeds - which i've just re-worked out at around 170 quid for the 1400 odd miles I have to do.

You should be able to do it for a lot less than the 700 quid they were quoting. Maybe I am being cycnical but someones first post and an inflated one at that, strikes me as a bit odd. Be very surprised if anyone takes up their offer.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Think of me driving on my own to Austria from North Wales. 1024 miles in a car that does 20 - 25mpg Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we do the journey regular as have an apartment in VT, last trip last year, used 4 tanks of fuel @ approx. 90, tolls were about 180 and ferry was 120, total £660. havent booked ferry yet, but 700 was a guesstimate allowing for some increases, the people we have been with in the past just split the cost with us, which is what I had in mind for now, but had to give some sort of idea. As for a 50 ferry please let me know which firm. We do try to travel at sociable hours and don't hang about either,( 6 hours to lyon, average.) , so we are not on a 3am ferry then an economy drive,
having said all that, apologies to anyone who thinks we are trying to rip them off,
and emwmarine ,if you want to pick us up and takes both ways for 250 you can get there for next to nothing yourself
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok, can see where it adds up and no offence intended.

probably, just that I have tried to get the costs down myself.

Seriously though, on the ferries P&O are still showing 39 quid each way saver fare for friday evening going out 13th December at 18.00 and returning very late saturday. I think the ferry works a bit like ryanair/easyjet that it gets more expensive as it fills up and gets nearer the date. We can usually do it in 3 tanks of fuel and usually fill up in Calais as the diesel is cheaper there than over here.

I guess we're not that far apart on costs.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy