Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So where are you all going ski ing?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, . I am new here, and am blind from reading posts and working my way around the forum. I was just wondering where you are all off to this year. I would love to live in central Europe where the option to ski at weekends was there but sadly everywhere for me needs a flight. This year because we are teaching our children to ski we are off to Garmish in Germany. It suits us as with an area ski pass and a car we can pick and choose slopes and they can advance fairly quickly after their ski school in the mornings.
What are your favourite resorts?
I suppose this is just a question/ introduction post from me , my way of saying hello !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
biddpyat, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead
Garmisch is a lovely place with lovely people. It's where I restarted my skiing and I caught the bug; so it's probably my favourite resort Very Happy
I don't understand what your username means Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
biddpyat, Hello

We are going to Montgenevre for New Year. Me, hubby and kids 12 and 6. Had to miss skiing last year so am really excited this year!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi biddtpyat
I am off to Courchevel with the blokes mid Jan for a long long weekend, then Tignes with the wife early Feb & then VT with the blokes mid March...just have to work out how to pay for it all now ! Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 3-11-13 20:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably L2A at easter again
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AlQ, my user name was supposed to be biddypat, put due to fat finger syndrome it ended up as biddpyat...... Laughing . I love Garmish too, we went last year for a few days after Christmas just for to go somewhere and ski, we liked it and thought we would bring our little ones in March, so we went back for four days and they got ski school, and really enjoyed it. So now all of us are going back, two older kids ages 27 and 21, and two little ones ages 9 and 7. The little ones are all gung ho for it,. We will ski like lunatics in the morning when the little ones are in school, then ski easier slopes with them in the afternoon. It is a great area for beginners.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome biddpyat, we are off to Courchevel Moriond for Christmas and New Year. I am counting down the days!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes tomorrow, Espace Diamant for Christmas, New Year and most of January. Les Deux Alpes for an introduction to off-piste course late January. Dolomites for the Snowheads Birthday Bash in early February. HOME for the 4 weeks French holidays (don't do lift queues) then Espace Diamant till the end of the season. Little Angel

that's a horribly smug smiley. There are definite advantages to being old.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome aboard biddpyat. We're off to Livigno, Italy for Christmas. Not a huge area to ski, but the OH likes the town and as she doesn't ski it's only fair. Any way I'm off to the Pre Birthday Warm up Week swiftly followed by the Birthday Bash it's self. First time I've done more than 6 days in one go. Roll on Christmas.
snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
- Tignes, end of Nov.
- Dorfgastein, mid Jan.
- Slovenia, early March.
- Stubai Valley ski touring, end Mar.
- Tignes, first week in May.
- Scotland, whenever, wherever (snow permitting) - Nov to June.
- Weardale & Yad Moss, Nth Pennines - ditto Scotland.

We'd love to equal or beat our record 61 days on snow of 2012/13....but that's unlikely after the winter of our lives - about half of those days were in the Pennines & Scotland Smile.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whistler in January.
Utah in February.
Megève in March.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lofer/Waidring in Austria for Christmas with hubby and kids and back again first weekend in the for 4 days minus the kids.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
biddpyat, Welcome to SnowHeads - snowHead

So far just have Morzine booked with family and friends, mid-January
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have our first kid arriving in December so no trips this year. I'll mostly be night skiing at the local ski area with the occasional bit of ski touring as our schedule allows. A friend is getting married in Scotland this year and a whole bunch of guys are coming over here the week before to go touring up North which will probably be the most consecutive skiing I'll manage. I'm mostly pretty excited to get my daughter on skis in a couple of years! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
biddpyat, welcome. Admin can change the username if you ask nicely.

So far, got the following sorted... Meribel, Zillertal (for a weekend, probably Mayrhofen one day, Zell am Ziller the next), and Arabba (once more yet again).

Still trying to sort another weekend. Garmisch may feature. As could Söll / Ellmau or some where in the vicinity. Or one of the resorts close to Innsbruck. edit: and I've been meaning to squeeze in a trip to Portes du Soleil too for the first time in many years (although went on the bike there last yr)

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 3-11-13 20:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
meh, lovely news, congratulations Very Happy
snow conditions
So far have booked 2.5 weeks in Tignes and a few days in Andermatt in December, a week off for Christmas for a change, 2 weeks in Grand Massif in January plus day trips to Andermatt and jungFrau.
Not really decided anything after that yet... Will mostly be decided week by week depending on snow conditions.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 3-11-13 20:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
biddpyat,Welcome Smile Off to Les Gets for a long weekend on Dec 20th - my son lives there. Courchevel mid January and then whatever else I can get away with!!!
ski holidays
biddpyat, Welcome to snowHead s. Boys trip to Sauze d'Oulx at the end of January. Possibly sneaky weekend somewhere in March wink
snow conditions
meh wrote:
We have our first kid arriving in December so no trips this year... I'm mostly pretty excited to get my daughter on skis in a couple of years! Very Happy

Awesome, congrats dude!
ski holidays
seven of us off to Chalet Pisteside in Les Coches on 4th of January. http://www.pisteside.com

First time we've ever gone by train (Direct Eurostar) so actually really looking forward to that!

Can't wait snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
We're just back from Tignes. Too busy on Friday with the French national holiday, but not that bad most of the week.

Christmas in Flaine - assuming we can find sensible accommodation (any offers?)
The most of New Year week is Bourg/Les Arcs before the New Year races in Les Houches.

Then out to Bormio at half term for the English Champs.

Almost certainly won't both with Easter - too damn late.
ski holidays
biddpyat,
1st week in December - Tignes,
2nd week in December - Meribel,
1st week inFebruary - Arabba.
4th week in April - Val Thorens.

Certain gaps that need filling (March has a glaring hole) so I might squeeze in a fifth week.

Welcome to snowHead s, by the way!!
snow conditions
meh, heh, heh, years of expense on expensive ski hols with sprog(s) … but easily worth it for some fantastic, joyful times.

Many congratulations. snowHead
snow report
12 weeks in Japan
1 week in Austria
Hopefully one other week inbetween those 2.
snow report
Q to all those who do multiple weeks like 4 or more do you work and use up all your holidays on ski trips? I know a couple of people are retired. Just being nosy..... And jealous! Toofy Grin
snow report
tend to use 2 weeks on ski hols, 1 week on MTB hols, 1 week for annual pilgramage to set off pyros, 1 week for christmas/newyr, and the remaining few days here and there. (6 weeks annual leave is the norm here Smile )
live 5 hours drive from Innsbruck, so try to get down that way for a weekend or 3 skiing.
ski holidays
Zermatt! Very Happy But not until March Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Christmas week in 3V (staying in Les Menuires) plus 2.5 days after that destination tbc.
Mid March week - flights and car booked but destination yet to be decided. Portes du Soleil looking likely just now.
Hopefully at least another last minute week at some point during the season.

If we get a decent winter here then hopefully a good few days in Scotland too.
ski holidays
biddpyat, Welcome to the slippery slope.snowHead
Southern Germany booked for New Year but may have to drive to find snow.
Zillertal in February
Hoping to do EOSB at Easter in Val Thorens
Bene, Teaching allows me to get at least 3 weeks in, could increase it if I left the family at home to get 2 weeks over christmas and new year and 2 weeks at easter. But then I think they'd kill me.
snow report
Bene, last 2 seasons I worked in resort as a transfer driver, now I have a proper job but it's only 50% plus 30 days holiday so I have plenty of time for skiing Cool

Living in Switzerland also helps.
snow conditions
Off to Val Thorens twice! First time with the boys in March, and then in April with my brother and nephews. Can't wait!!!
latest report
biddpyat, welcome. 2 separate weeks in fantastic Ski Amadé for me. I'm counting down the days...
ski holidays
2 weeks in Minakami (Honshu) training a gap course at the end of Nov
Dec-April in Niseko with a few trips around Hokkaido
A week in April in La Thuile (a retro Interski trip with some friends who 'retired' from instructing)
Romania for a freeride comp in April
Scandinavian freeride champs in Rijksgransen (sp!?) in May
Portillo, Chile July-September
ski holidays
Oh, and congrats to Meh!
ski holidays
jimmer, laundryman, clarky999, Shimmy Alcott, thanks a lot!
snow report
biddpyat Welcome to snowHead we have 17 days split between Utah and Wyoming next Feb/March

meh, Yeah congratulations.
ski holidays
Tignes last week.
Manchester snowdome this week.
Tignes again in November for a week.
La Grave in March for a week.
Tignes again later in March.
Hintertux for 3 weeks in late April/May.
La Rosiere a couple of times a week. Plus La Thuile, obviously.
The odd visit to Les Arcs/Tignes/Val'Isere.
And Sainte Foy to fill in all the gaps.

Smug, me?
NehNeh
ski holidays
Normally just do 2 weeks a year but this year I'm getting greedy!
Tignes for Christmas week with a mate,
2 weeks in Canada (Fernie/Kicking Horse/Banff) across Jan/Feb with two friends
and hoping to sneak in a mid March week, probably Tignes again but could be Flaine, or anywhere with lots of snow and not many kids!
Work is talking about a long weekend somewhere if that comes off!
snow report
Christmas week in Lech, New Year in Fiss. Samoens for the 1st week in March and hopefully a good few days at Glenshee too. New boots nought at the weekend and I'm getting very excited.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy