Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for a Petite Lady

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any petite ladies out there who could recommend some new skis to me please?

I am 5' 2", confident on reds and can manage blacks when pushed! Not really into off-piste, so am looking for an on-piste ski. I have been skiing on Rossignol Bandits (women's version) for the last few years. I love them, but they are coming to the end of their life now.

I am looking for something lightweight, but very grippy, especially on hard pack/ice.

Thanks for any recommendations.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FionaG, have a look at Volkl ladies skis.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am also same height.
My friends swear by Blizzard Black Pearls. I haven't been able to find any to try yet as i mainly ski in France and they don't reach there! I have some Atomic Cloud 9's and even though they don't seem stable at high speed they are light, easy to turn and at their best in short radius turns on piste.
Most resort ski shops offer "try before you buy" abroad. We had great fun doing this in Val D'Isere some years ago. Go for the skis with the greatest Grin Factor. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you liked your Rossis might be worth sticking with that brand and trying some of their piste skis, Blizzard piste skis also get good reviews as well as the BPs
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FionaG, aren't the bandits more of an all mountain ski ? Also what's the radius and dimensions on them? I'm sure that any new narrow waisted on piste ski will be an improvement on them if they are.

Also I bought my other half some atomic cloud 7's from decathlon and they've suited her perfectly, maybe have a look in there ?

These caught my eye http://www.decathlon.co.uk/womens-skis-pure-white-id_8285527.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
K2 super free (formerly called Free Luv) are nice!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FionaG, +1 try a few things when you're out skiing. A much better idea than taking some random internet punter's recommendation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FionaG, I'm around the same height and 52kg.

Skied Rossi Bandits for a few years and loved them. The past 2 seasons I've skied K2 SuperBurnin and love them even more. Excellent on piste be it early morning ice, fresh snow and afternoon sugar snow in April.
Even although they are not off piste skis I had a few days last Feb with Simon from Ultimate Snowsports in Tignes where he lead me astray into some fantastic off piste due to the fantastic conditions and they and I coped fine.
Out of interest I would like to try some Black Pearls.
Can you manage one of the "The Big Ski" tests?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm just bought some Dynastar exclusive elite light. They are a sort of race inspired rec ski and I expect them to be grippy on hardpack. Not skied them yet though

The new Exclusive Elite Light is a race-inspired, high performance women''s on trail ski for expert to advanced skiers. Traditional camber and lightweight sandwich wood core construction deliver enhanced precision, balance, stability and edge grip without the additional weight of metal laminates. The Exclusive Balance System is specifically tailored to women, providing easier turn initiation and enhanced control. The Elite Light delivers exhilarating hard snow performance for carving fast, powerful turns on hardpack and groomers.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FionaG,

Hi - you're thread struck a chord as I skied on Bandits for a good few years and loved them but three seasons ago I felt the time had come to invest in some new skis as my beloved Bandits were starting to look their age. I'm 5'2" and weigh about 54kg and am not an aggressive skier but can ski pretty much anything on piste and enjoy easy off-piste. I went for Fischer Koa 84s and didn't get on with them at all. I found them hard to turn in short, snappy turn situations but I'm pretty sure this was down to me and my style - or lack of it! I passed them on to my son's girlfriend who is about the same height but a couple of kilos lighter and she loves them. She used them on and off-piste to great effect so it was me rather than the skis. I've now got Volkl Violas which I find very easy to use but I would say I'd still prefer the Bandits. I'm not quite sure why but I feel that the Violas are almost too easy to use and I'd like a ski that pushes me a bit more. My sister- in - law who is of the incredibly elegant ankles together style of skiing tried some Violas last season and hated them. My theory is that she needed a bit wider stance with them but I'm no expert. I think this just goes to show that trying out skis before you buy is probably the way to go if you can arrange it. Good luck hunting down your perfect pair - enjoy! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy