Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Hope to tap into your vast knowledge !
Looking to go away next February half term,can you recommend a resort( if one exists)
The wish list.
Ski in ski out, small ski area, few shops/ bars for my other half, she's more than happy to stay on the nursey slopes for a few hours, easy greens/ blues where I can take my daughter in the afternoon after her lesson,
I understand half term is mad money, but are there any hidden gems?
Looking for a family friendly resort,
Thanks very much
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are hidden gems, but there is always a price to pay. Cost. Or lack of convenience. Or something. Try an area not (as) popular with the British so as to get a week without British half termers. That will almost certainly mean a resort with few - or no - British Tour Operators. Some of the resorts in Carinthia. Or one of the resorts in SkiAmade near Salzburg. Or Kronplatz.
At half term I am still trying to arrange to go to Abetone in Umbria. Never been before so can't tell you if it will suit you. An area that I do like is Kronplatz. Stay in St Vigilio for easy skiing. www.mareo.it is almost ski in/out but not quite
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

half term is mad money

not necessarily. If you drive, although accommodation will cost you more, the cost of travel, food and lift passes are the same as in low season (I am talking France here).

However, the French half term is mid Feb to mid March - the regions stagger their holidays, but the UK half term coincides with the Paris one this year, so going somewhere where Brits don't go will make very little difference.

You might be better trying Austria or Italy - but still looking at DIY rather than a package holiday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks will look into it, will France be really busy as there holidays at same time?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rothwell, yes, very busy, as its two regions at the same time, paris being one of them.

Try La Thuile in italy as an idea?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

will France be really busy as there holidays at same time?

yes. I have an apartment in France (in a resort with v few British visitors) but it's too crowded at half term for my liking (there are lift queues, for heavens sake!!!) so I lend my apartment to unfortunate family members who have no choice about dates.

I'd look for some local advice as to places in Italy or Austria. If going to Italy I'd probably look for a resort NOT linked to France! There are plenty. There were some trip reports from Austria half term last year with reports of big crowds, IIRC - so get unbiased local advice if lack of crowds is important to you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think you really need to aboid any resort you know the name of, subconsciously or otherwise.

Finland or Sweden don't get mobbed at UK half term.

Spain: Bacqueira, Sierra Nevada can be OK (and a lot less busynthan France) but check Spanish school dates

Smaller Italian resorts including Champoluc can work well.

Swiss resorts are still perceived as expensive and some are never busy eg Riederalp, Belalp, Leukerbad.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Sybelles was a good half term choice in France for us when the kids were younger.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
katedenhaag wrote:
Les Sybelles was a good half term choice in France for us when the kids were younger.

And s
ome really good sc deals available from ski.sunweb.co.uk
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seiseralm in the Italian Dolomites would fit your criteria - ski in/out, gentle runs, a few bars and a few shops, good value, and hardly known in uk and France
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rothwell, you have a PM
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Take a look at Chiesa Valmalenco in Italy - just might fit the bill
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all replies, looking at chiesa valmalenco at moment, has any snowheads been here ? All info most welcome
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all replies, looking at chiesa valmalenco at moment, has any snowheads been here ? All info most welcome
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some more half-term suggestions:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2247546
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1995912

And there are many more to choose from:
http://smbt.g-r-c.fr/userfile/file/1345470285_Guide_Station_BAT4-optimise.pdf
http://pro.savoie-mont-blanc.com/content/download/4342/43599/file/SMB_DP-GB-BD.pdf

Just seek out a place that you've never heard of before - it's likely that most other Brits haven't either Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy