Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rebranding junior ski's - vinyl wrap or other tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping to convince my lad (12yrs) to adopt his sisters' cast-off ski's. They're junior skis and in lovely condition.
However they are somewhat pink in places and this seems to cause an issue.

Does anyone have any tips for vinyl wraps or ? to cover them for a couple of seasons, until he too grows out of them?

Thanks,

Iain
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about a cool graffiti spray paint job? Let your son decide on the design to cover the offending pink Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wilkinsons sells sticky back plastic in a huge range of colours and designs. I would go for the wood effect for super-retro cool, but they do stuff that looks like a gabillion smarties, swimming pool tiles, cow print, even red velour Smile With some stickers from local board/surf shop to jazz them up a bit it should be an unrecognisable pair of skis, though they won't be the most durable they will certainly last a while and look ok from a few feet away. I'd take the bindings off to make sure it goes on as flat as possible, and if they have any bumps or lumps warm things up a bit to get the plastic to stretch a bit if required.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If they are just pink in a few places then cover these bits in stickers, much easier and quicker than wrapping the whole top sheet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Carbon fiber wrap and a few stickers?

Failing that stick them in our sales section and you might be able to recycle a set of kids skis out of any sales
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Black carbon fibre textured wrap should look cool enough. Loads on ebay
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aye, there will also be plenty of advice on applying it on car forums as its a neat idea for tidying up scabby interiors. Just take the bindings off before you do it to get a better finish.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or if that doesn't work now is the time for selling kids ski stuff on Ebay.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I quite like that rubberised matt black spray paint.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Duct tape - tell him it's what all the real bad-ass skiers do (or more appropriate words to that effect)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIDIP-PLASTI-DIP-PLASTIC-RUBBER-PAINT-SPRAY-CANS-AEROSOL-400ML-FLEXIBLE-/271272052217?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ugh, Plastidip. I used it on the rear cowl of my bike, followed all the instructions etc., left it to set for the correct amount of time. Peeled in under 2 weeks. I would hate to see how it held up on skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy