Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inside / Out Tignes 4th November

Poster: A snowHead
Me too.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A fun day, but challenging because of the weather and the initially lengthy queues. Everyone had to exercise their patience as we didn't get up the glacier until shortly after 10am with a delayed opening due to de-icing of lift cables (guess the great snow we're having comes with some disadvantages). Everyone seems to have settled in to their groups and are relishing the challenge!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lol I'm hoping to capture some can't see me R's from me elbow today n was just too flustered to fire up the GoPro but tomorrow is another day. I'm with Ian's group. Pam is in Rob' group.
We did get out on the hill today. Conditions were challenging & are forecast similar for tomorrow.
I'm hoping we can get some footage of the group as a whole at some point on the hill. Thursday looks the best weather day.
The Chalet has a nice atmosphere. You'll enjoy it I'm sure. Hopefully you'll get better weather later in the week. I mean wind n visibility
Ciao
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get some sleep man.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stormy day so the glacier is shut. Will be doing a range of other activities, so ski servicing, setup and alignment talk, bit of motion analysis, swimming or local walks are in order, and I hear talk of a wine-tasting session being set up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You only need a small patch of snow for some snow plough turns lol

Hopefully tomorrow is better....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glacier closed today due to 200k winds up top.
A lot of snowfall though, as forecast.
Should be good conditions tomorrow
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ansta1 wrote:
Get some sleep man.

Laughing I did eventually. Cheers mate. I suspected today would be a cabin day.
Excellent ski tuning session by Scott.
Had a little play on a box outside the chalet.
Tomorrow's wind forecast is holding, so hopefully my last day will be fruitful.
More tea n cake for now Razz
Bon Soire
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what about the wine tasting?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ansta1 wrote:
what about the wine tasting?
In progress! Cheese tasting as well.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
so...if we believe the snow-forecast and chamonix meteo wind forecast, they called it correctly yesterday and today, sunday looks even windier!!

but thurs/fri/sat look ok....just a strong wind, no gales mentioned until sunday!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, I didn't want to mention Sunday. Yes you're correct. The forecast has been pretty reliable so far
Looks like a "Seminar" day on Sunday.
But surely if the predictions change it can only be lower speed winds.yas
Confused Fingers crossed for yas
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
franzClammer, you can never really predict mountain weather, hope you get a good day tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
franzClammer, you can never really predict mountain weather, hope you get a good day tomorrow!

seconded for all the folks with ios. Hoping you get some mountain time tomorrow, leave some snow for us and maybe see you in GVA for a quick crossover beer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Montreux Jazz bar is the GVA rendezvous.
snow report
DoubleBombardino, is that the mountain sun pickup place?

I suspect I'm last to land, coming in from Liverpool
snow report
Dunno, but someone reading this may pass the message on to the bus driver.
ski holidays
kitenski, turn right when you come out of arrivals, you can't miss it. IIRC Moiuntainsun used to pick up a The Hub bar in the other direction
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
kitenski, turn right when you come out of arrivals, you can't miss it. IIRC Moiuntainsun used to pick up a The Hub bar in the other direction

they are, but we're the awkward squad snowHead and the jazz bar sounded a bit more well jazzy. We'll send out driver search parties in between the bombardinos..
snow report
DoubleBombardino, the pick up is the Hub. A group of us hanging round there rather than off to more inviting spots got picked up early - got here at least 90 minutes before the rest. If you'renot in the right place you might get left till last. wink

Beautiful day today, blue sky, no wind. Glacier still closed - first train up not before 11 am at earliest. De-icing cables......
snow report
thanks Pam. Enjoy the skiing.
ski holidays
Quote:

Enjoy the skiing

Well. We'll see. Latest information is that they will be "reviewing" the situation at 11.30. A group of us including Scott are still here in the hotel because there's not point standing around with all the other farsands up at Val Claret - and the queues for the first two inescapable lifts will be huge at the outset anyway.

Frustrating when it's a bluebird day. I guess glacier skiing is always a risk - we lost a day out of 3 last year and it looks like we will lose at least 1.5 this year. Next week looks good!!
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
bit of motion analysis, swimming

Happens a lot in swimming pools. Toofy Grin
latest report
geepee, Twisted Evil I didn't bring a costume. I can go swimming in Havant if I want and I have yet to venture into the bug-infested waters of a hot tub!

Sitting in the hotel with my feet up reading a good book seems a better alternative.
ski holidays
pam w, whats a "farsand"?

There appear to be some people on the terrace around the top of the funi......

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 7-11-13 10:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
1000's
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Enjoy the skiing

Well. We'll see. . Next week looks good!!

Fab. not on the IOS trip but taking advantage of the mountainsun unbeatable deal for a cheeky pre season warm up. Arrive tomorrow with my girlies then OH arrives on Monday for a further 3 nights. Can't wait.
ski holidays
the waiting game....

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
funis open according to tignesnet...
latest report
and the skis cleared....

https://vimeo.com/78827942
snow conditions
That looks tolerable wink
latest report
skimottaret, not so bad.....
snow report
In the end we had a great few hours on perfect conditions with no wind. Racers were there late too so a bit of a crush at the lift but it eventually thinned out. One from our hotel had a nasty collision and ended with a black eye but was happy he'd worn a helmet for the first time ever.
Looking forward to the new intake this evening and am delighted to report I have given in and am booking up the Inside Out Italy food and fun in march.
Wonderful hot tub and sauna tonight...
I could so get used to this life style Smile
ski holidays
The reason for the delayed opening was securing the slopes from avalanche danger. As you can see from the scars, there was a very loaded slope directly above the main piste coming down from the cable car (which remained closed all day).

latest report
kitenski, there would have been a fair few people up there before they allowed the ordinary punters up. And some people skin up - and there were cross country skiers on the prepared tracks too.

The easyJet flight from Geneva was delayed by an hour by an emergency with a private plane which closed the airport for a bit. Which meant getting back very late; with that glorious mountain morning just a memory. Queues for the Champagny T-bar were pretty horrific this morning with the cable car and the Rosolin (?sp) lift still closed. But the views were great!

I hope the new batch of people have a couple of good days before weather closes in again at the weekend; next week looks terrific. rolling eyes
ski holidays
pam w, sorry to hear about the delay, guess we just got away in time.

Was very interesting to see the result of an Avalanche blast to the right of Rob's photo above, a real eye opener! While at times is was frustrating to be sat in glorious weather with nothing open, especially when we had to head back down at 2 to get ready for the transfer home, it did make me realise it was for a very good reason!

Hopefully today will be great for everyone out there
ski holidays
How's it going?? Puzzled
latest report
franzClammer, another good day, although battling the weather somewhat. First time this week we've got on to the glacier more or less on time. Part of the reason for the delays and queues is so much snow:

snow conditions
Wow. Shocked snowHead
ski holidays
and some evening activities..

https://vimeo.com/78953777
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy