Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are thinking about an Easter ski trip and looks like we can get a good deal to morzine first week of the Easter holidays. Having never been though am concerned with what it would be like at Easter in terms of skiing conditions, it doesn't look particularly high, but looks reasonable access to higher areas.

Anybody been there over Easter, thoughts?

Thanks
Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easter is quite late next season I would be surprised if Morzine is open.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I should add I was there this year and boarded three days of powder in avoriaz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should have mentioned dates actually planning to go 6th april.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Should be fine, might get rain in the village if there's precip. Might get snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You should be ok, Avoriaz will always have plenty of snow left but the 6th is early enough IMO.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Indy, Morzine/Avoriaz is open until April 27th this year. Back to the Last Sunday in April scenario.
Last year was 22nd and we had a powder day to end on.
Did a snowshoe walk at the end of May with Australian guests too. Strange weather, but we can hack it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Last year was 22nd and we had a powder day to end on.
Did a snowshoe walk at the end of May with Australian guests too.

Yes but..... last year was absolutely exceptional Let's hope we get two of them in a row.

I shall be in an area that tops out at 2000m till mid April, and expect (on the basis of ten years experience) good skiing, maybe with some care taken about timing and aspect of slopes chosen.

However, I have to say that if I had the entire Alps at my disposal for a holiday starting on 6 April I wouldn't choose Morzine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, depends on your criteria for choice? We have had an excellent weekend around April 22 based in Morzine, 2005 I think, ... You can get high quickly enough if you need to... ( although, I do understand your point)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, yes, of course it depends on criteria for choice. I effectively have no choice about being in a pretty low altitude area and only once in the last ten years has early April snow been awful - and then it was awful everywhere, and worse in lots of places. But there are better options.

My primary criterion would be - ease of getting to a high altitude area if necessary, and one which was not going to be full of everybody from lower areas for miles around. (I have occasionally been to Flaine in bad snow times and, frankly, it was fairly horrible and I wished I'd not bothered - and yes, I know Flaine isn't very high altitude, but being the highest part of a big mainly low altitude domain, as Avoriaz is, has its drawbacks).

I've had excellent skiing in Les Saisies around 22 April too, but I wouldn't recommend it to somebody booking a holiday months in advance when there are better options.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good point, pam w,

Indy, if you have to book accommodation now, then you have to pull the trigger. Maybe, if you don't and can get a good price on transport now, book transport and leave accommodation until the last minute.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Indy, that'll be low season for accommodation in France - there'll be plenty of options.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the replies, guess its a bit of a dilemma, if I book early we get a discount and also get a free lift pass each, but then again may gets some good deals late on and can go where there is good snow.

The tour company are also offering the same deal to st anton, never been there either, another thread! Cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Go to St Anton. At least if no snow (and I went in April one year, when there really was no snow), you can party like a beast and the town is fun, with great facilities. Morzine is a bit quiet, tbh.

Still had lots of fun skiing in St Anton, even though it was rock hard in the morning and slushy and wet as hell by 1pm. It was 22 degrees in the valley. You could see green/brown mountain where the only white was the piste. Was still one of my most fun holidays.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PS - this isn't bias. I'm spending the whole of this season in Morzine, and I love the Portes du Soleil. But late in the season for my only week skiing? I'd want something a) higher/with glacier and/or b) with a great town, in case the snow were to be a bit average.
snow report
Harry Flashman, morzine is a bit quiet?

It wasn't when I seasoned there...

(1988-1991) Twisted Evil
ski holidays
under a new name, I think I was talking relative to St Anton. It's not quiet - but it's not party central!

Anyway, '88-'91? I bet everything was more fun in the "good old days" (i.e. dark ages) wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy