Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moutiers - update - Who's up for dinner on Fri 18 Apr?-now Auberge de Savoie

Poster: A snowHead
boredsurfin, but thank you for the thought!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If anyone has experience of where to get breakfast in Moutiers, I'd be really interested. I started a new thread to avoid confusing this one:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=103493
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kieranm, there are plenty of bakeries to pick up croissants or cafes that will do petit dejuner
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pedantica, sorry for the hijack but i'm probably staying in Brides over a long weekend in March. I know it is quiet etc but am wondering about the possibilities of some apres ski in Meribel then taking the bus down to les allues followed by a taxi to Brides. Or just getting a taxi from Meribel straight to Brides. Have you any experience of this or any alternative solutions?

The reason we are stuck in Brides is that we are doing a thursday to monday trip and higher up resorts won't let us take book over two weeks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

kieranm, there are plenty of bakeries to pick up croissants or cafes that will do petit dejuner

Thanks holidayloverxx, I was just wondering if any of them would be open at 7am on a Sunday, and if anyone could recommend a particularly good one.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kieranm, most boulangeries will be open by 7.30, some of them may have coffee shops too, but I can't give you a recommendation for one.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kieranm, there are a few hotels near the station that will be serving up stuff to their overnight punters so guess that will be an option; u cld even get a freebie esp if u dress up in pyjamas.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

u cld even get a freebie esp if u dress up in pyjamas

Nice idea!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica, bit late to this thread so not sure if you are all sorted, but just to say that we've stayed at the Hotel Terminus as a group of 17 once Shocked for one night and it was excellent for an overnight stop, very friendly indeed, basic-ish, clean and comfy. And we went to eat at the Auberge de Savoie that night too which I remember being really excellent.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd recommend the Thai cafe/restaurant ("Baranem") opposite the station. The food is excellent, plentiful and ridiculously cheap; and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. The booze is also cheap.

We've eaten there on half a dozen occasions and not been disappointed (last time in July 2013). The beef curry is as good as we've had anywhere!

As I mentioned above, it's a bit cafe-ish but don't let that (and the laminated menus...) get in the way of some great grub.
Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sarah, Bergmeister, great, thank you. Some of us are now booked into the Terminus, some into the Auberge de Savoie and I love Thai food, so I guess we're spoilt for choice! Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
monkey wrote:
Pedantica, sorry for the hijack but i'm probably staying in Brides over a long weekend in March. I know it is quiet etc but am wondering about the possibilities of some apres ski in Meribel then taking the bus down to les allues followed by a taxi to Brides. Or just getting a taxi from Meribel straight to Brides. Have you any experience of this or any alternative solutions?

The reason we are stuck in Brides is that we are doing a thursday to monday trip and higher up resorts won't let us take book over two weeks.
Sorry, I missed this. Can't help, I'm afraid, only have experience of driving between Brides and VT. Maybe start a new thread, with a suitably detailed subject heading eg To Brides after après-ski in Meribel?, or some such. There will be people who have the answer.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pedantica, i vote Thai. We can get super steak in that place Phillipe took us to in VT town.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, excellent, sounds like you can't go wrong then Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DoubleBombardino, done. It just remains to persuade the others.
snow conditions
DoubleBombardino, Pedantica, yes, when I was in Thailand last year the first thing we sought out was a French restaurant.

wink rolling eyes
ski holidays
Booked the Terminus at the weekend for the night of 18th Very Happy
latest report
bladeskier, Laughing
Linds, oh lordy, despite not having him in the car, we still won't be able to get away from him! wink
snow report
Pedantica, Laughing Laughing . Just catching up on this. We're wondering whether we should do the overnight at Moutiers, or do our usual trip and just arrive on Saturday afternoon. Two dogs with us and no room ready means we can't really leave them behind.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, ah, that's a shame. Could you not ski half the day each, or summat?
ski holidays
Pedantica, I'd never get him back in.
latest report
Hells Bells, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Will give it more thought before making a final decision though.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, a jolly meal, followed by an early start on skis the next day is such a lovely beginning to the holiday. Hope you can make it.
snow report
OK, a final decision has been made and Eurotunnel booked for 8am ish on the Friday morning. As we have a 5 hr trip to tunnel we usually book Holiday Inn express, but it is not playing ball with its usual £50 rooms and special offer for pets. Will have to book Auberge de Savoie in Moutiers, as I have asked Terminus about the mutts and they said 'non'.
ski holidays
Just booked up at the Terminus snowHead

Guess we'll see y'all there Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Cacciatore, Very Happy
Right, where are we all eating, then?
latest report
Pedantica, Thai ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bladeskier, are you asking for trouble? Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
bladeskier, oi, don't you start, mister! So far the Auberge de Savoie and Le Coq Rouge come recommended.
snow conditions
Yes, but is the red cock being recommended for eating, Pedantica?

Now travelling out on t'ferry out of Dover at 7am, so all being well, should get there at 6.30pm, give or take Very Happy
snow report
Cacciatore, good call, does your average red blooded male want to eat at a restaurant called that ?

wink
ski holidays
Auberge de Savoie is where we are staying and looks like a nice place. But it is not 'steak frites', more pizza and Savoyarde.
ski holidays
Ignoring ribald comments, this looks good: http://www.lecoqrouge.fr/restaurant_le_coq_rouge_73/ACCUEIL.html
It gets good reviews. And the chef is of Vietnamese extraction, so even DoubleBombardino might be appeased. wink
snow report
Pedantica, it does indeed look good. I think that is dinner sorted then wink
snow conditions
bladeskier, not with any degree of comfort wink
latest report
I should perhaps book a table? How many for? What time? I think Linds and anarchicsaltire are going to be around too, not sure if they're looking at this thread. Can't remember who else... Perhaps I should change the thread title to something like 'Who's up for dinner at Le Coq Rouge in Moutiers on Friday 18 Apr?'?
snow conditions
Pedantica, yes, might be a good idea. 3 in Bladeskier's car , 2 in ours, 2 in Bootsy's and 2 in Linds' makes 9. If you do call to book a table, can you ask if it is oK to bring Meg and Lola with us? Not a problem if they aren't dog-friendly, they are OK to stay in the room, but it would be better not to have to traipse back to the hotel with them.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 2-04-14 16:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Hells Bells, will do. It's actually 3 in Bootsy's car, I think.
snow report
I think with a probable 10 people, a booking would be good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy