Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI COMPANION REQUIRED

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
IN FRENCH ALPS SAT 4TH – SAT 11TH JANUARY 2014

Confident sensible experienced skier wanted to ski with disabled (walking) lady (29) who is competent on blue runs and knows the area. Usually skis between approx 10-3pm so it is possible to ski before and after these times every day if you wish either with other family members or on your own.

Family group staying in large chalet very close to the slopes almost ski in/ski out. Own ensuite bedroom and all breakfasts and evening meals provided also transfer to and from Geneva airport and ski lift pass. You need to organise and pay for your own flights to and from Geneva.

Any one interested please comment below and I will get back to you as soon as possible Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where precisely will you be skiing, purpleskier? May help to get responses.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
staying in the beautiful village of Les Gets,
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello I am just wondering if you could give more information on the trip.

Are you saying that basically all that I need to do is pay for my flights to geneva and you guys cover the rest of the trip like the lift pass and the room? Are you just looking for someone to accompany the lady while she skis in return for the accomodation etc. Hope this doesnt sound blunt just not sure on what you meant.

Hope to hear back from you soon. I am dieing to get back out there! Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, your understanding is correct. In the past my ski buddies/ companions have had their own skis, so you would need to bring your own skis or hire them in the resort, also any drinks/snacks you want on the slopes you would need to pay for. The family ranges from 15 to 94 years old! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Purpleskier I would be more than happy to do this and would love to take you up on your offer. I am sure you might have a few questions to ask about me. Would you like to have a quick chat on the phone or maybe email each other?

I would only ever expect to pay for my food so to have evening meals included seems great lol!

Cant wait to hear back from you.

-James
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi
looks like you have a positive response but I am also interested if that doesn't work out. I have skied Les Gets/Morzine area a couple of times. Experienced - 30 + weeks since learning in my mid forties. BUT could not join you until 5th as promised to attend a charity function on Saturday 4th.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for your interest. I’ve had replies from several sites. My parents are coming to tea with me on Tuesday when we will have a chat about the replies. Will get back to you soon. Many Thanks Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi purpleskier, I too am free for all of the above dates and have plenty of experience. I also have (ski and adl) experience with physical and mental disabilities. I am a relaxed and competent (ski) teacher. I'm just back from 8 ski days in Stubai, Austria.
I may be able to be in the Midlands sometime in December for an initial contact.
Feel free to contact me.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
2weird2die wrote:
Hi purpleskier, I too am free for all of the above dates and have plenty of experience. I also have (ski and adl) experience with physical and mental disabilities. I am a relaxed and competent (ski) teacher. I'm just back from 8 ski days in Stubai, Austria.
I may be able to be in the Midlands sometime in December for an initial contact.
Feel free to contact me.

Hi 2weired2die

I had several responses to my request for a ski companion. It was a difficult decision as i am sure everyone would have been good. Thanks for your interest but I am sorry I have not chosen you this year. Please keep replying to requests similar to mine. Hopefully we will be skiing again in 2015 and I will be looking for someone then.

Purpleskier
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ian.fielder@virgin.net wrote:
Hi
looks like you have a positive response but I am also interested if that doesn't work out. I have skied Les Gets/Morzine area a couple of times. Experienced - 30 + weeks since learning in my mid forties. BUT could not join you until 5th as promised to attend a charity function on Saturday 4th.

Hi Ian

I had several responses to my request for a ski companion. It was a difficult decision as i am sure everyone would have been good. Thanks for your interest but I am sorry I have not chosen you this year. Please keep replying to requests similar to mine. Hopefully we will be skiing again in 2015 and I will be looking for someone then.

Purpleskier
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sainter wrote:
Purpleskier I would be more than happy to do this and would love to take you up on your offer. I am sure you might have a few questions to ask about me. Would you like to have a quick chat on the phone or maybe email each other?

I would only ever expect to pay for my food so to have evening meals included seems great lol!

Cant wait to hear back from you.

-James

Hi James / sainter

Purpleskier
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Purpleskier! I'm available on these dates, and would be more than happy to assist! I'm a 20 year old professional Scot, working in London. I've got around 10 weeks on snow experience. I've never skied in France however would be more than happy to swat up on the piste maps of Les Gets.

Feel free to PM me for any other info.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi

Thank you for your interest I have already found a ski companion. Please keep replying to requests similar to mine.

Hopefully we will be skiing again in 2015 and I will be looking for someone then.

Many Thanks
Purpleskier
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy