Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo first time skier looking for new year trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Decided I'm going to learn to ski, and keen to go away over new year to save on holiday. Will learn in UK first but it will be my first time on the slopes. Anyone else in a similar position? Sarah.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The New Year will be expensive.
snowHead
Oh, and welcome to Snowheads.
snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know I know but it saves on holiday, which means I can go again in the new year Very Happy ps thank you!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Sarah

probably no use to you at all but the offers there - New Year hideously expensive - end of Feb, just a quick trip over to Austria for 3 or 4 days - ski and après ski! Very Happy

Mat
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Mat - what are the details? A long weekend at the end of Feb would work well for a second trip Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
twowheels, have a look at Action-Outdoors who run trips to UCPA centres in France. flights at New Year are now very expensive but if you go by coach to flaine you could have everything - including full time instruction, rent of equipment nd full board. Less than £900 for the lot, so with bits and pieces and a few beers, under £1K. I doubt whether you will find anything cheaper. That is in dorm accommodation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Sarah

currently trying to put it together but nightmare as usual trying to get everyone to agree on a date and commit! - small group of us normally go a couple of time a season just for 3 - 4 breaks

Age group - 27 - 49 (me!)

Planning at the moment to book BA Gatwick > Salzburg on 27th Feb and hopefully straight into Saalbach - ready to the piste and the amazing après ski!

Flights currently about £140.00 and will book accommodation closer to time - nothing to expensive

Just drop me a message, if want to know more

Mat
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Sarah
If you could manage Christmas instead of New Year we have 2 beginners in our group in Deux Alpes . Alternatively we have 10 hours lessons included in both our Courchevel holidays on Jan 18th & March 15th. Hope one of those might work for you. Ruth
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi sarah
I'm looking at new year in flaine ucpa aswell, with the bus option from london
Have you booked yet?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Sarah

Your cheapest bet is the first full week after new year (Jan 4th). This is traditionally the cheapest and quietest week of the main season. Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
as rogg said - from what I found booking the week of the 4th was the cheapest I could find when I booked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Happy New Year and Happy Snowy Season. This is my Happy Birthday of snowing, last year I was asking same questions on different sources. I experienced snowboarding last winter. I assure you this will be a great fun for you but be cautious.

And very very cold Happy New Year!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy