Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Falcade - Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow snowheads,

I'm looking at purchasing an apartment in the dolomite super ski area. I've found some that i can afford in Falcade and i was wondering if anyone had been there and could give me some more information about the area.

I have been to the area a few times but stayed in Ortisei/Selva. unfortunately i cant afford any of the property in either of those towns!

I am going to Falcade next week to have a look around and see the apartments but i have a few questions for anyone who might know...

How long would it take to ski to the Marmolada from Falcade? What is the access to the rest of the Dolomite super ski area like from there?

Is there a reason why Falcade seems to be cheaper than the rest of the resorts in the area?

Any information that might be useful would be very much appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hashstar, Before I bought a place in France I was very interested to get somewhere in Italy. However, a little research suggested that it's far more complicated - if you google this, you will find lots of stuff like

Quote:
Purchasing property in Italy is obviously a very exciting prospect, but even on the sunniest Italian day it can become very complicated and very frustrating and at times a complete nightmare for the novice buyer.
Aside from the obvious difficulties such as the language, tax system and legal system, there's a completely different attitude to all aspects of the purchase procedure including planning, building and services together with archaic regulations etc.

I think you'd need to speak fluent Italian, or have a close family member or friend who does, and who has experience of buying property, and the potential complications, to contemplate a purchase in Italy. But maybe you are much braver than I am!

In bocca al lupo!

Please tell us how it goes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hashstar, @hashstar, Hi Matt,

I'm looking to spend up to 10 months in Italy - moving out the last week in January. I'll have a car and I'm looking at this area at the moment as it's got it's own ski area and is only 35 minutes from Malga Ciapela by car. I've emailed a few agencies in Alta Badia also but I'm waiting to hear back.

Did you follow through on any of your plans?

I'm inspired by recent trips by Arabba, Val Gardena, the hidden Valley, not to mention Francesco Tremolada excellent book freeride dolomiti. I'd like to do some touring when I go.

Anyone else recommend somewhere in Italy that offers good winter and summer activities - that would keep oneself amused for 10 months?

James
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy