Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sölden World cup - Getting there

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to the Worldcup?

Thinking of headin over on Sunday but not sure what the best way to do it is? train to Ötztal station and bus or drive? I assume we have to take the shuttle bus to the glacier?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No. Although I spend the end of some seasons in Solden and on that glacier. In spring you can either use the bus to get up there or just drive. I usually drive as the bus schedule going down isn't particularly flexible and standing in a crowd of smoking Austrians waiting isn't for me. Perhaps the organizers will say if they close that car park, bit it's huge...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dulcamara, You could always cycle there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, I go every year and will be there tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not skiing though as I'm meeting up with non-skiing friends.

Drive through town to the Gaislachkogl lifts (far end of town), park up and take one of the buses up to the Rettenbach Glacier. The tickets are sold at stands all along the main drag but I always buy mine at the one by the car park. If you drive up you can buy lift tickets at the Mautstelle (it ain't cheap either) and then make sure you drive over to the Tiefenbach Glacier if you want to ski as well. It is easier to get to and from the race slope that way. Lift ticket includes viewing rights but you do not get into any of the stands.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Samerberg Sue, so the guys don't really ski either, do we still need a "one-way" lift ticket or anything to get to the stands?

Also how is the taffic to get in? should I be getting there crazy early?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm aiming to get there early, the buses start running at 08.00am. I usually get something to eat in the Rettenbach restaurant. The traffic up from Ötz Starts to build up quite quickly after about 08.00 and the police are usually along the road with their little pictures to catch the impatient.
If you don't ski, the bus ticket is also a return and it takes you up to arena area so you do not need a lift ticket. If you ski there is a chair over from the Tiefenbach side to the top of the Rettenbach. Then a blue run down to the Stadion area. The Schwarze Schneide bubble takes you back to the top of the Rettenbach where the race start is. It gets pretty rammed and the Ice Box wall black is cut down to a very crowded mogully third of its usual width - definitely not nice or comfortable if they are not sure about black runs. I've stopped skiing over as it seems a pretty expensive day trip as I got very little skiing done in the end.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perfect, cheers, maybe see you there... I'll be the one not hating on Ted Ligety!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ligety is very popular with the Austrians because he is not an obvious big head unlike some others! He will get loads of cheers but Hirscher will get more Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hold up a snowheads poster so we can watch out for you on TV.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JimboS, You obviously do not realise that I am seriously vertically challenged! I'm no pixie, more of a dwarf hippo Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy