Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy jet ski carriage charge

Poster: A snowHead
Just found out easyjet wanted £54 to carry ski for a return flight
Is ba still free?. Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Goldfish888 wrote:

Is ba still free?. Puzzled

Unfortunately not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any idea how much ba charge
Last time I flew with ba my skis are free(sporting equipment) well a couple of years ago.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's not strictly true geepee and Goldfish888....BA do still take skis free as long as they are included in your free permitted baggage allowance. Their website says:

Quote:

Many types of sports equipment can be carried as part of your free checked baggage allowance......We will accept ski and snowboard equipment up to 190cm (75in) in length provided it is packed correctly.

Please ensure that you:
pack your skis and snowboards in a recognised ski or snowboard bag
pack your ski poles with your skis
pack your boots separately from your skis or snowboard - either in a bag of their own or within another checked bag

So just pack your ski clobber and other stuff in your ski bag and then take boots in your hand luggage.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info , booking via ba then
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I take a double ski roller as my BA hold baggage. My boots and some of my clothing goes in it up to 23kg, the rest in the generous cabin baggage allowance or in the kids hold bag, so between 4 of us we carry 2 sets of skis for nothing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
That's not strictly true geepee and Goldfish888....BA do still take skis free as long as they are included in your free permitted baggage allowance. Their website says:

Quote:

Many types of sports equipment can be carried as part of your free checked baggage allowance......We will accept ski and snowboard equipment up to 190cm (75in) in length provided it is packed correctly.

Please ensure that you:
pack your boots separately from your skis or snowboard - either in a bag of their own or within another checked bag

So just pack your ski clobber and other stuff in your ski bag and then take boots in your hand luggage.

Hey Mountainaddict, I don't think that is correct as I have been quoted £68 for a return fee for skitube Gatwick/Geneva....(paid something similar last year) but would be absolutely delighted to with proved wrong.....Do it ..I dares yer !!! Razz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricay,

I did it with BA last Christmas and January, and I'm doing it again this Christmas.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
musher wrote:
Ricay,

I did it with BA last Christmas and January, and I'm doing it again this Christmas.

Hi Musher, so you are telling me that, on BA flight, if I can get all my ski gear & clothes in a ski bag & my boots in cabin luggage....I don't have to pay the sports luggage supplement ?.....kkkk...... still dont think that is right...but hey what do I know huh ? I just think my problem will getting my clothes is a skitube along with the skis.....Ricay shrugs....any BA staff who can supply a simple straight forward answer ? there are 10 of us on a BA flight to Geneva in January, so if could save us a lot of dosh wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricay, You do of course have to get it all within your 23Kg allowance for that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ricay,

One bag in the hold as your checked in baggage, with skis, boots and as much clothing as you can up to 23kg. You then have a further 23kg of cabin baggage allowance. I know BA have introduced the new "no checked in baggage" service, I don't think they have changed anything else. I have certainly booked to fly this way again at Christmas.

Just checked my e-ticket and the links to baggage policies, and you are allowed 23kg in the hold (I have never had any problem checking in a ski roller as this bag), another 23kg in a cabin bag (there is a size restriction. but I never seen it checked/enforced), and one laptop (again with size restriction). If you are taking kids you are also entitled to take a pushchair as well.

EDIT: My skis, boots, poles, Mrs M's cross country skis, boots & poles, a couple of fleeces and ski pants comes to about 23kg in the double roller. I can fairly easily fit everything else I need into my cabin bag. The only trouble I had last year was squeezing my size 12 walking boots in somewhere as I didn't want to wear them on the plane. The kids got to carry them Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why would BA website say they will take skis free as part of your baggage allowance if they don't??
Seems pretty clear and straightforward to me.

Been with BA (& taken skis free) a few times - last time was Jan 2013, Can't test them next winter though - flights(x3 trips) are Easyjet and Jet 2...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricay, the guys are right (and there are loads of threads/posts on here about it) - it's very clear on the BA website... not sure why you seem to be struggling with the concept.... your problem is having a ski tube rather than a big ski bag.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Please ensure that you:

what about the part packing ski boots seperately ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowxxx, put them in hand luggage, but some bags have pockets for ski boots anyway
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Ricay, the guys are right (and there are loads of threads/posts on here about it) - it's very clear on the BA website... not sure why you seem to be struggling with the concept.... your problem is having a ski tube rather than a big ski bag.

holidayloverxx might have been something to do with the 10 pints I had that afternoon/night wink True.... the skitube is the problem
snow report
From an email where I asked BA if boots could go in a separate bag to the skis (before I got the double roller):

Quote:

Thank you for writing to us about carrying skis and ski boots.

We will accept skis free of charge provided it is packed as part of your free checked baggage allowance. If it is in addition to your free checked allowance, you will need to pay extra bag charges. Details on our excess baggage charges can be found at:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_

Skis must be packed in a recognised ski bag in one of the following ways:

- Pack your skis and ski boots separately.
- Pack your ski boots within your ski bag.
- Pack your ski boots within your checked baggage.

so this is a little old, and probably worth checking again if you intend to do it.
ski holidays
We've flown the last 2 winters with BA and have checked in:-

- 1 double ski bag (containing 2 pairs of skis) and
- 1 hold all

between the 2 of us.

We took our ski boots in our hand luggage.

We will be doing the same this winter with both BA and Lufthansa. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy