Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas de la Casa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

So I'm thinking about booking a trip to Pas and the hotel Cims pas del la Casa for a school trip.
It looks ok but I have only been to Arinsal before in Andorra. Does anyone know if the local lift pass covers Grau Roig? Or is there just a Grandvalira pass?
Any info on Pas and it's suitability would be great? Also the hotel. Going in Feb, so will snow be good? It looks good from what I have seen, but you may know differently?

Thanks all

Colt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Coltnet, The pass covers the whole of the Grandvalira but I believe there is a beginners pass which covers a limited number of lifts. Pas is a strange kind of place. It's quite a party town catering strongly for younger skiers and lots of Brits. It's also quite spread out and can involve a bit of a walk to the slopes from some parts of the town. It's not the prettiest of places but the snow is generally very good being so high. The skiing is pleasant enough but can be a bit chaotic on it's face as there are no clear demarkations between runs, but there's plenty for intermediates and some decent beginners areas.

Once your skiers are able to get around (if you're taking some more experienced skiers) then the link to Grau Roig is good providing good runs in ever prettier surroundings and it's not too difficult to do some travelling on skis.

Having taken school parties to other places, I'd have to be honest and say it wouldn't be top of my list but if you're getting a good deal and the hotel is well situated then snow and skiing won't be a problem.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ade57, thanks for that. I have been getting various quotes etc but have been drawn to this purely on the basis that the kids loved Arinsal for some reason! I think the hotel is fairly near the lifts?!?! I think! So hopefully not too much walking!
I really like France but it's too princely for our kids. Also we have done Austrian too and love that but in order to keep costs down, and therefore fill the trip quotes have put us miles from the slopes.
Anyone else?
Cheers

Colt
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I understand the cost aspect. The cost of school holidays has become very high. Let's face it the kids will love the snow wherever they go. Try asking for lower prices from the companies. I did that in my last year before I retired 18 months ago and got them down by about £100. It's worth a try and they do need your business. I also looked at some of the less popular Italian areas. Kids don't need 200 km of pistes. Actually not many skiers do. If you can find a small resort with say 30 km of pistes it'll be more than plenty.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ade57, to be honest I get what you're saying but that was the only complaint when we went to Arinsal. The amount of skiing was not huge. Especially from the better skiers. I do shop around with the companies but nearly always end up with the same one due to them being so good in the past.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy