Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Ski Holiday 8th-15th February

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all, I am In need of some help please.

Next February my Mum wants to take us on a family ski holiday. Ive just looked at flights to Geneva and they are quite reasonably priced. The key thing to making this holiday a success is the chalet, and the resort.

Resort Requirements

Location must be within 2 hours of Geneva Airport. Ive skied the Portes Du Soleil several times and know the area very well. The PDS is just an option and not a definite location choice, although if something did pop up here then I would love to go back. I was thinking of Morzine? The resort must be non skier friendly. My mum and my wife wont ski, so there must be things for them to do some days. They are more than happy relaxing, reading a book, just generally chilling out, but shops and other activities must be local and nearby if they want to wander and do other things.

Chalet Requirements

As mentioned above, my mum and wife wont be skiing so the chalet must be in a good location. Preferably ski in/out so that we can pop back and say hello to the non skiers, and also so that they can sit and watch people skiing by during the day whilst relaxing with a book etc. From the chalet, easy access to the main hub of the resort so we can meet up for lunch during the daytime. Basically a 5 minute walk to the bottom of the piste would be ideal. It would be great if the Chalet had an outdoor hot tub to relax during the evening, and if they want to use during the day they can do.

Im sure I have forgot some key requirements, so if anyone has any questions then please feel free to ask. We want to book the flights ASAP as they are likely to go up in price.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder, I'm sure you'll be able to find a suitable chalet - I'd book the flights, if I were you.

Can't recommend a chalet, but Les Gets would be a good resort. More compact than Morzine and arguably more attractive - not so much lively nightlife, I suppose, but that's hardly your top priority, is it? They could go up to the "front de neige" and watching the skiing - something my mum enjoyed doing when she was there. We drove up, but you can go up in the gondola too. You can also get the gondola up Mt Chery, with a restaurant at the top.

It's a while since I skied in Les Gets but lots of people here know it very well and would be able to advise.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricklovesthepowder, book the flights then head over to Chalets Direct and ask the same questions over there. Lots of independent operators in PDS and other areas
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What about Les Prodains at the bottom of the Avoriaz cable car? Nice chalet has come up, non skiers car get the bus to Morzine in the day only 5 minutes away. For lunch they can get pedestrian passes for the new gondola and come up to Avoriaz for lunch etc. Are there any bars and restaurants in Les Prodains itself?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, there are a couple of bars near the cable car, you can pop up to Avoriaz (or stay there when you finished skiing) as well for some aprés-ski or there are regular buses to Morzine. If you like the sound of it then check out http://www.skiology.co.uk/ - they are a great company and have 2 chalets in the Prodains area.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ricklovesthepowder, you have a PM
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Ricklovesthepowder,

We've got some catered chalet availability for those dates - details of the poperties via my tag line below. Our chalets tick all the boxes but they're a little further from Geneva - around 2.5hr - in the Paradiski area.

Happy planning!
Heather
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy