Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evolution 2 Panda Club - Chamonix (Argentiere)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used this ski school before?
I'm thinking of enrolling my 6 year old who already has her Piou Piou and Ourson from the ESF. I'm not sure what the equivalant level is for the Panda Club. Yeti 1 possibly?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have but not in Chamonix, but used Evolution 2 in Montchavin and they were great, so much so, we intend going back this Easter just for the ski school!

My 6 year old (he turned 6 last Easter) had done Piou Piou and Flocon with ESF. He did the Yeti 1 the first week of the holiday, loved it so much he wanted to go back for the second week (that was a result as far as ski school for mine was concerned as he didn't enjoy ESF. He passed the Yeti 2 the second week. His instructor said he can go into the Yeti 3 next year, but that he may not pass as he did two levels in quick succession and Yeti 3 is a big step up, blacks and short turns, but he is definitely passed the Yeti 2. He said it may take him a few goes, and that it took his son 3 times to pass it. So I liked that they are honest with regards to their ability, and they did move a couple,of kids around (I know ESF do this but my experience they didn't actually know how the kids skied).

The class was small, only about 6 or 7, odd days maybe 4 of them, think their limit is 7 or 9, a big plus against ESF. The instructor really got to know the kids, luckily my son had the same instructor both weeks, which was a major plus. It was so much fun for them, I cannot recommend enough. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Edited to,add: the instructor also took the time at the end of week to discuss the child's skiing with each set of parents, and also any day if we asked how he was getting on he would give us some info on his skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used Evo 2 in Tignes this year based on recommendations from here. Two kids 8 and 10 with only about 5 hours on a dry slope as experience. It was Easter and they went into a group of 8 mixed Petit Yeti and Yeti 1. There was no messing they were on the lift after 5 minutes the first day and straight down the Bollin. The instructor was brilliant but had very high expectations. ie no this is how you snow plough this is how you stop just straight into it so I'm very glad the kids had lessons beforehand. The 10 year old didn't cope very well with the high expectations but made so much progress and was skiing more than I have in two weeks. Both passed Yeti 1 by the end of their 4 days of lessons. Instructor was very caring and good at feedback. We will definitely use them again (ESF groups looked huge).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent. I'll definitely book with them. My daughter got upset last year with one of the ESF instructors shouting at her in French so the small groups and personal touch really appeals.
Thanks both!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy