Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Women's Ski for Powder?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any ladies out there skiing the Rossignol S7 Ski Women’s? Thinking about buying these, feedback? I’m 5’8, weigh 140, and live in Jackson, WY. I ski mostly on lift accessible runs, but get into the park when I can. Mostly just want a good ski for Jackson Powder days for the mountain.

Rossignol S7 Ski Women’s- Found them for $420

http://bit.ly/GYTF2v
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope...but I ski Nordica Soulriders, which I reckon are more fun and forgiving (tried s7ws but like SoulRiders more). Blistergearreview has a full on review of them. I am 5'5" and about 130lbs and ski them in 177, which may sound a tad long for my height, but the SRs are my Goldilocks skis...I used them for everything last season-on and off piste. Fab! (cool graphics last season too...they've gone a bit boring this year). They are sold as "men's" skis, but that's utter boll**ks. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jtraveler000, I don't know if they are the best but I love them. I ski last season's S7 women's. I'm 5'5" and 120 pounds and ski the 178s. They're my every day, everywhere ski — so much so that I'm selling all of my other skis. This season's update looks good but I'm sticking with mine. I ski mainly in Chamonix where, apart from last season's unusually good snow, conditions can be very variable off piste (or in the back country as people on your side of the pond call it). I'm not sure I'd consider them suitable for the park* though.

* Disclaimer: I don't ski the park so my opinion is tenuous at best.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Soul Riders are great, but powder skis they are not.

Take a look at the Voelkl Kiku (my gf loves hers). Think SportPursuit have some up for cheap atm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999 wrote:
Soul Riders are great, but powder skis they are not.

Take a look at the Voelkl Kiku (my gf loves hers). Think SportPursuit have some up for cheap atm.

Not great for someone living in or near Jckson though. To the OP - welcome to sHs, I'd have thought they'd be a great JH ski & can probably hack it even in the afternoons when the Hobacks get warm and funky.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="fatbob"]
clarky999 wrote:
can probably hack it even in the afternoons when the Hobacks get warm and funky.

If you mean slushy when you say "warm and funky" then yes, S7s can do slush with ease. Someone told me that the S7s make skiing too easy, which is a somewhat sweeping statement. They make skiing powder (or anything soft, e.g. slush) easier than on narrower, non-rockered skis. You do have to work on hard pack but I've not yet experienced a lack of edge bite on them in those conditions (so no skittering sideways when things get icy).

Skis are such a personal preference, I'm always hesitant to take other opinions to heart. You just have to find the ski for you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blistergear have just released their ultimate 2 ski quiver reviews, so far for JH their female reviewers have chosen The Kiku and DPS Yvette or the Nordica La Nina and Moment Bella

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/two-ski-quiver-reviewers-choices-part-2/3

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/two-ski-quiver-reviewers-choices/3

if I had the cash I would get the DPS Wink But one of the reviews I read of the new Soul 7 compared it to the DPS, think the women's version of it is the Saffron or similar? If you are getting a good deal on the S7 I couldn't imagine you would go far wrong with it though
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
God, the Yvettes are beautiful. I've been eyeing these and am really tempted to just spend the extra cash. One of the main reasons I've been thinking about the S7's is because I have also heard they are somewhat comparable to the Yvettes, and $420 http://bit.ly/183C5jQ compared to $800 is definitley easier for me to swallow. Decisions, decisions....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jtraveler000, the most pertinent question is which ones match your ski jacket wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zero-G wrote:
jtraveler000, the most pertinent question is which ones match your ski jacket wink

I think you just buy anew ski jacket don't you? Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy