Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worth the bother? Tam'orth or MK snow domes at half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning a trip for half term and may visit MK area (Bletchley Park) or Nottingham (Castle, Galleries of Justice, Trip to Jerusalem), and considering visit to snow dome. I guess half term will be rammed. Anyone skied at either at half term? We are a family of inters (2 kids 2 adults). Would be looking at it as a day out as opposed to skiing improvement/lessons/"training".

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not skied at either for a long time but avoid snowdomes at half term and weekends. I go to Hemel Hempstead early morning (especially Tuesdays when they open early) or late evening, during the week.
That said I haven't skied there at a week end for a long time so wait for someone who can actually tell you. I try to avoid having to queue for the lifts (there are two) but the novelty for you might be such that you didn't mind, plus I ski fast and don't want to dodge people.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We'll be off to Tamworth in half term (me and 2 kids) but will make sure we are there for when they open as it gets busier as the day wears on. Tamworth do strictly enforce the limit on numbers so worth booking but while its busy at capacity it isn't dangerously busy and unless you just want to blast down flat out not a problem. Oh and the Tamworth travellators mean there is never more than a minute or two waiting for the lift back to the top (unless someone has hit the panic button which can hold things up but then you just decamp to the rope tow which goes 3/4 of the way up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were at Hemmel a couple of weekends ago for a Sat morning. Started at 9:30 and booked for two hours. Was fine to start with and actually quite fun but by 11 was really busy. Be prepared to queue for button lift which seems really slow despite " express" tag, in fact both lifts seem to be the same speed.

Great place if you are a beginner and get there at opening but..... we are experienced skiers and after about an hour found the slope short and slow, lifts slow and time consuming for such a short ride and in the end a little boring. That said, in a country with no real winter sports available, it is a whole lot better than nothing.

Not cheap, for two adults for a couple of hours and lunch, at just over £100. That does not include 90 min drive each way.

If we were to return, which lets face it we probably will do until they build the one in Stratford, we'd get there at opening time ready to go and take a picnic lunch.

Hemmel is a great way to get a small fix for the addiction but, from my point of view, is really a once a year, just before the season starts, sort of treat. Great fun but limited. Do go you will have fun overall.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Possibly a bit late now, but this half term seems to be spread over two weeks depending on where you live. Last year's Oct half term where I live was the other week to Staffordshire and so Tamworth was dead quiet. Might be worth checking when the half term is for Staffs?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Next week is HT for Derbyshire and they are usually the same for Staffs, also judging by who is on hols from work next week (the office is in Stafford) I'm pretty sure its next week for them as well.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, all. I think we will avoid the snowdomes this week - off for the kids' first trip to the Smoke. "Bit bigger than Cardiff, dad"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy