Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Eldest son oski keeps growing and is complaining his boots are now too small, so we are looking for new ones. His current boot is an Atomic RT CS 90 in a 24.0 (I think, but will check). He'd by quite happy to move up a size in the same boot, but we can't find any.

So, a few questions: What is Atomic's equivalent boot now? Is it the Redster WC 90? Some places also seem to list a Pro 90 - what's the difference? Any suggestions for alternative boots?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobW, redster has taken over from the race tech boos, some differences in the shape of the boot and the way it works, the pro 90 is the equivalent to what he has the world cup 90 is narrower (world cup last is 95mm (in size 26) the pro is 98mm)

if he likes the shape of the old one and just needs a size up i happen to have a pair of 25.0 CS100 (so marginally stiffer) which i am sure we could do you a bit of a deal on (somewhere about £150ish)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks CEM, that clarifies things somewhat. Will talk to him whether the slight extra stiffness would be okay.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you thought about Surefoot's "Growing Pains" program?

http://www.surefoot.com/children.php

If he grows out his boots within 2 years, you return them for 50% off a new pair.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feef, That's not an option I've seen before. Could be a possibility but it would seem to mean a trip to the big smoke which we just never do.

His old boots will anyhow come in useful when his (not so) little brother gets to that stage - most young kids seem to grow out of boots before they wear them out and there is a decent second-hand market for them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our coach sent this round recently.

NYSSRA Boot Fitting Project from Hope Alive Media
http://vimeo.com/73415950

We knew most of it but and suspect you know all of it, but it still helped us determine that my sons old boots are way too stiff but the right size for my daughter and so other snowheads may find it useful. Having identified the issue with our boots, it prompted a try on session with 3 coaches who all agreed, hence having to buy a pair exactly the same size but less stiff (although ironically same flex, just different manufacturer (Head now Rossignol, but $75 secondhand from friends) . So our leave for the next kid thing isn't working , as she's two years younger but way bigger feet than he was at the same age, so one year behind in ski boot terms, yet two years behind as a skier and so not able to cope with stiff boots. Hope you don't suffer the same ridiculous fate, imagining your equipment will pass on only to find it doesn't!!

Some boots have a little screw thing that you can take out to reduce stiffness a little or apparently you can shave bits of plastic away if you just need a little reduction. Here the cold can be an issue with stiffness much more than Europe and dry slope skiing. What's OK in the shop could be completely different at minus 15 or minus 20
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting video gryphea, I especially like the skipping with ski-boots on. Will have to get some of our racers doing that!

Fully agree with the conclusion that input is needed from the young racer, the coach, and a bootfitter to get the correct boot. That is the key reason we really don't want to change oski's boots - he just need some a bit bigger. He's done pretty well in his existing boots this year (England Outdoor Champion, Welsh National and Open Outdoor Champion, British Indoor Champion, GBR Outdoor Series Champion, and top UK seed - all in his age group) so we really don't want to change them much.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy