Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All looks very green?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know there is a lot of people here worried about opening days and I hope it is fine for you! By fine I mean snow!

My main concern though is Christmas! Taking the family skiing to Vallandry/Les Arcs over Chrimbo and it all looks - well summery! I appreciate there will be snow up high, but that won't be much use for twin 5 year olds who need to stay around Vallandry beginner slopes.

I don't recall there being this much grass around from checking webcams avidly before?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boris, Snow did not come until the weekend before Christmas in Les Arcs last year - plenty of time so worry not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boris, Don't panic there is still plenty of time. It would be interesting to see what this time last year was like but I sense it was not a lot different to the situation today. The important thing is that the temperatures have dropped and in time this means that snow cannons will operate. Last year the snow cannons fomed the base of the season and I remember them being switched on early December when there was no snow.

Oh and don't forget to do your snowdance - it always helps Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boris, Surely they have cannons in Vallendry? If so, no sweat - there'll be snow on the nursery slopes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, They have cannons, and no doubt PG will tell us when they are being used, and may even post some photos HERE. The cachette piste is about the same altitude as Vallandry to give an idea
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It was the 17th of December last year before it snowed in the Northern French, I know this becasue I flew out on the 17th and took my Walking Boots!! I spent the 18th on the slopes of a deserted Megeve with plenty of slopes open and blue skies - one of the best days skiing I can ever remember!

If it does snow it's very likley to be down to 1600m and remeber the lower slopes won't need as much snow as they probably have grass under them and less rocks! Everyone will be thinking head high if it does snow a little but in the Grand Massif last year it was well into January before it was even worth a trip over to Flaine (1600 - 2500m), the slopes of the surronding villages (Samoens, Les Carroz etc) all had fine conditions on lower slopes!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all - feeling a bit more confident now!

Will be out doing snow-dance and (as a loyal Calvin & Hobbes fan) will be lighting candles around the sledge to appease the snow gods!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its all becoming horribly obvious.
Against my better judgement I'm off out to Val D'Isere on the 12th December, way to early to expect decent skiing.

This is what is going to happen - dissapointment right up to departure; desperately looking for a silver lining within (dry) clouds of despair; a week of scratching around on a few rocky runs doing huge damage to my new skis.
But worst of all missing out on the big fall of snow that week in the UK.

So the double whammy would be poor skiing in France and missing out skiing at home Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meteo France is forecasting snow down to 1200m tonight in the Bourg St Maurice/3 Vallees region, so things may be starting to look up.....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't panic! The only difference so far between this year and last is the slightly warmer temps, delaying the artificial snowmaking. Following sequence of images of the Arc 1600 Cachette piste last year, taken between November and December, shows that right up to the week before Christmas it was virtually all the artificial white stuff... Click on each thumbnail image for the high resolution pictures.

24.12.2004 Christmas Eve

Deserted pistes down at 1300M in Villaroger
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How cool is that?! Very interesting to see actually..
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Val Thorens (Highest European resort) is starting to look very good today!! Im off to VT on the 10th of DEC so all is looking very promising for me!

Check out this webcam http://www.levalthorens.com/us/webcam.html

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jimmy38, welcome to snowHeads!

I'm on the lookout for Val Thorens - although I'm not going until Easter. Nice to see it's made a start snowHead - but I suspect that represents bug-ger all snow! The Hotel Bel Horizon don't seem to have their fantastic panoramic webcam anymore Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy