Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel/Three valleys off-piste groups?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking for information on joining full day off piste groups in Meribel, Three Valleys area.
Looks like ESF offers a half day course, but nothing for the entire day. I also found several other providers that offer full day groups for 1-4 people, but you need to book as a group, while I am just by myself (other friends are early begginners only)

Any help would be much appreciated

Alex
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alex, the Bureau des Guides in Courchevel normally offer groups that you can book onto as an individual. Not sure what they will be doing for the winter coming, but pretty sure they do full days.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great,
many thanks, will check them out!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went on a full day off piste with the ESF in Les Menuires, was great would really recommend it as we would never have found the stuff we skied on our own. One day there ended up just being 3 of us as well and we had the same instructor all the time who was pretty nice, his best friend was on the FWT Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lynseyf, do I taxi from meribel to Les menuires or they can pick me up if I book with them?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
alexkorm wrote:
Lynseyf, do I taxi from meribel to Les menuires or they can pick me up if I book with them?

surely you ski there?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, if the group leaves 9am and this is about the time lifts are open, I would be late by the time I get there on skis, no?

ansta1 wrote:
alexkorm wrote:

surely you ski there?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Exactly.

I like the sound of this off piste thing, any ideas on cost?

In les menuires for new year and fancy something new.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Taxi would be about 100 euros surely?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Taxi from Meribel to Les Menuires would be prohibitively expensive. It's a long drive all the way gown to Moutiers and then back up to Menuires.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ps further to the above - pretty sure the bureau des guides in Meribel do the same as Courch' . The office is in the swimming pool complex if memory serves (though recently this has not been a guaranteed thing... I blame the kids...).
Also worth seeing what ESF Merihell do.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ESF Meribel does only half-day off-piste groups for some reason...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Speak to Xavier. He'd prob meet you somewhere. http://www.mauriennehorspiste.com/en/index.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all for suggestions. Will check it out!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We used Parallel Lines in Meribel for a group off-piste guiding session. They were excellent.
snow conditions
alexkorm, not sure whether you're after a guide or an instructor? For Meribel there's the Parallel Lines recommendation above and maybe try Marmalade or New Gen, and possibly Magic in Motion?
snow report
I am after joining a group, but booking just as 1 person not a group. From their web-sites, it looks like Parallel and others do groups but you have to book as a group. Private guide/instructor is a bit pricey, as I am looking to book for 3-5 days full-day groups

juliad wrote:
alexkorm, not sure whether you're after a guide or an instructor? For Meribel there's the Parallel Lines recommendation above and maybe try Marmalade or New Gen, and possibly Magic in Motion?
ski holidays
At NewGen we do ProExplore off piste. You can book as an individual but we need a minimum of three so would need 2 others to book in to make it run.
snow conditions
offpisteskiing wrote:
Ps further to the above - pretty sure the bureau des guides in Meribel do the same as Courch' . The office is in the swimming pool complex if memory serves (though recently this has not been a guaranteed thing... I blame the kids...).
Also worth seeing what ESF Merihell do.

The Bureau in Meribel certainly used to, I have been with them twice before, full day each time.
snow report
Parallel Lines offer group off piste guiding in the Power Explorer session. Availability would depend on the week you are here. As mentioned before for daily off piste guiding in Meribel the Guides office is still in the Olympic Centre.
snow report
Normally "Group" off piste means that they put the group together. If so the price will be standard per person. Private groups are normally priced according to group size. Cost is likely to be about €80 per person for a full day 0r about €400 for a private group of 4-6

And you never did answer if you were really wanting a guide or an instructor.
ski holidays
We are in Les Menuirs over Christmas and I would like to do a day off piste with tuition for both me and my son.
What are, if any, alternatives to ESF.
A few years ago I paid for a 1 to 1 lesson for my wife with New Generation, does any one have any thoughts on them ?
latest report
snowrider wrote:
At NewGen we do ProExplore off piste. You can book as an individual but we need a minimum of three so would need 2 others to book in to make it run.

It would appear you can speak to New Gen directly here!
snowHead
ski holidays
franzClammer wrote:
snowrider wrote:

It would appear you can speak to New Gen directly here!
snowHead

You sure can. Snowrider and I both teach for New Gen in Meribel. I was so lucky on the amount of off-piste lessons I had last winter. It was amazing!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy