Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trespass stuff now on sport pursuit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As I've just had an email about this sale. Question as it's really cheap.
The wife needs some new trousers are they any good. She always wears a base layer anyway so would they be warm enough.
And one of our party is a 7 year old who needs new kit every year and the price is really tempting.
The last 2 years she has been in surfanic stuff from tk maxx and it's been really good as only has to last 2 weeks.
Again , worth a punt or avoid?
Thanks for any thoughts
Tim
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will do the job though check out TK Maxx again as it may be cheaper than Sport Pursiut. Or for the 7 year old wait for the Aldi ski offer which will probably be along in a few weeks.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had trespass trousers but after about 2 seasons they fell apart - rips at the bottom, and up the side, eventually they ripped right up the crotch and had to buy a new pair. I actually sliced a hole in the leg the first day I got them with my ski.

Thing about trousers is you need buy a reasonably expensive pair, if not don't expect them to last. The pair I had when they eventually came apart were filled with a very cheap synthetic filling but were warm enough, although I have pretty hairy legs.

Having said that for children or once a season skiiers Trespass will be ok.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As an alternative view, I've had Trespass trousers (bought in TK Maxx) for 9/10 years, cost about £30 and apart from a few scuffs on the hems, are in perfect nick. Usually very warm - and I rarely wear base layers (and don't have hairy legs wink ) - and dry. As and when they do fall apart - or no longer fit - I'd certainly look for another pair
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And my Aldi or Lidl softshell trousers which are heading into their 5th winter and have seen a week or two in the mountains every year plus regular fridge trips in between are still fine. Cost me about a tenner as I bought them on clearance a few weeks after the offer.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I have pretty hairy legs

my legs are hairy, but not that pretty these days. I have found that the cost of ski trousers can make a difference to their performance and comfort but doesn't seem to make a difference to their longevity.

My longest-lasting jacket was Trespass, £50 n T K Maxx, worn for the best part of 3 seasons and replaced just because I fanced a new one - there was nothing wrong with it. But some Trespass jackets are higher spec than others and I expect the same is true of their trousers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just bought 2 jackets for my boys 18 and 16 on Sportpursuit, e103 for both delivered, I was in the Trespass shop in Dublin last week and they had a 50% off sale and were still more expensive that Sportpursuit. I would put Trespass gear at around the same quality as Dare2be/Regatta - great value and can double as a "walking to school" jacket in colder or wetter weather
Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy