Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone got a sweet protection saviour suit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having struggled with cold drafts finding their way to my lower back for the past few ski trips I've been thinking of buying a saviour suit in an attempt to stop the problem.

I can't however find a good review or detailed info on the suits and was wondering if there are any kind snowheads in possession of a suit, who could answer a few questions?

Basically I'd like to know how warm/breathable they are? And how comfortable and practical they are? And whether they stop the wind from getting at your back?

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.magneticjunction.com/sweet-protection-saviour-suit/

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1627422&highlight=#1627422 ("Get a Norrona Lofoten and a sweet protection crusader one-piece fleece base layer. The best combination I have ever used. If it's really cold (and I mean really) I can use my Patagonia down sweater" @ Thu 04 Nov, 10
23:2Cool

I own a suit but haven't skied in yet. It seems a good warm versatile mid-layer, about the level of patagonia R1 - probably a little heavier. Super comfy. Make sure you size properly, you want it snug. I bought one because I have got too small for my Peak perfomance one piece midlayer which is no longer made but had a zip at the rear. The other product that also has a zip is the patagonia one piece.

Wearing a one piece mid layer def helps keep the cold out at the back, but also a good powder skirt helps keep everything in position and the sweet protect ion saviour top is super long and comes right down around my bum.

I m a big fan - the only downside is the loo situation ! I will try and find a link to the peak performance thing, that was the mutts nuts...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
here you go: http://www.sportamore.se/produkt/17220-peak-performance-heli-mid-suit-m-bla
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the saviour suit/ 1piece. Awesome base layer. Toasty warm and a great fit. No issues with toilet problems as i dont suffer from old persons bladder
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info guys..... Its much appreciated!

Just another question, it describes the material as 4 way stretch..... Would you consider this simular to the powerstretch material that a lot of mid layers seem to use these days?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tomb, I've also got the separate top and bottoms. Really impressed with them, I use them as a single layer under a shell between 0ishºC and -10ishºC. Really comfortable, not at all restricting on movement, wicks sweat away well and doesn't stink as quickly as some synthetic layers (HH).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tomb wrote:
Would you consider this simular to the powerstretch material that a lot of mid layers seem to use these days?
yes, it s pretty stretchy.

I'm sure you are aware they are currently for sale at Sport pursuit ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I got the bottoms from SP, turned up a couple of days ago. Really impressed with them. I do suffer with old persons bladder problems so didn't think the all in one practical Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
, mishmash, beat me too it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Claude B wrote:
I got the bottoms from SP, turned up a couple of days ago. Really impressed with them. I do suffer with old persons bladder problems so didn't think the all in one practical Very Happy

!!!! It s only an issue for No 2's and not really that bad either. you just have to be careful the sleeves don't flop on the wet floor so you kind of fold/push them into you salopettes...

Mind you it is only a one way zip ie Collar to crotch which can be a bit of a shag.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mishmash, I've got a pair of proper salopettes too which come half way up your chest with braces. With those and the full suit underneath I could imagine it being a mega faff!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy