Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

st anton on piste from Valluga lift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The piste map for st anton is confusing me, I know you can't get up the second stage of valluga without a guide but is it possible to go up first stage and slide down, say to st Christoph on piste, looks like there is a red that does this but maybe a wee drag lift involved? Want to avoid the dotted line itinerary route although am interested in whether guides and avalanche equipment are needed for those runs or if two competent intermediate boarders could tackle them[/i]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kb36, IIRC that drag has a steep section near the top. Confused But the run itself wasnt to bad. A while since we were there though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Piste all the way and fairly easy reds. Ski down from Valluga 1 to the T-bar, which might be interesting on a board. Then you have a choice of 14 down to Alpe Rauz via Ulmerhutte, back to St Anton via either 14 and then Steissbachtal (Happy Valley), or via Schindlerkar. The latter is shown as a route, but almost always groomed.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 12-10-13 7:45; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I the words interesting on a board worry me somewhat
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a fairly steep T-bar. The walk out, if you blow it, would be serious slog. What I am saying is... make sure you are comfortable riding T-bars, before tackling this one.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Missed your 2 other questions...

You cannot get directly to St Christoph from Valluga 1 / Vallugs T-bar. Your choices are St Anton or Alpe Rauz. The latter provides access to Stuben.

The runs I noted are avi-controlled and marked. You do not need avalanche gear any more than any other piste. You do not need a guide for those runs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ride tbars a lot in scotland at cairngorm and glenshee so fairly used to them
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The t-bar is a bit of a pain on a board, but alright if you are used to it (friend of mine ended up having to walk it after falling). Only ever done it once in 5 winter seasons in the Arlberg, and from what I remember there is also a gentle section of downhill as well as the aforementioned steep. Be aware that heading back to St Anton on a board from Valluga/Schindler/Arlenmahder involves a blue section which is very much flat, you need to build up speed on the downhill after you turn skiers left once past Ulmerhutte. It is possible to do without the need to stop and unstrap on a board, but even skiers struggle without needing to pole. Take a look on YouTube for Weisserausch videos as that is the route from Valluga 1 to St Anton (albeit without the aid of the T-bar).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is a traverse, take skier's left off 14 above Ulmerhutte, it crosses the lower slope of Schindlergrat and cuts out the flat section mentioned, rejoining the piste downhill of the Ulmerhutte.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That t-bar off the Valluga iis very steep, I would describe it as absailing uphill. Good luck!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy