Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Super Salzburg Pass - Snow Report 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
flangesax & Waynos ... nice!!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking good flangesax, can't wait to get out there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, looks great. What software did you use to edit it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
not me... a friend of mine who lives in Altenmarkt (www.austrianalps.com)
It is done using the standard mac built-in editing software genie stuff...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First ski of the season today with my eldest ankle biter chasing me around. Hauser Kaibling (Schladming), wonderful unbroken sunshine, nice and cold, quiet slopes, great hard packed snow on piste, the new-ish Volkl Gotamas (fat and rocked) coped so well. Played a little off the edge, higher up some great ankle deep powder, even skied off the piste below 800m in the meadows, skiable with care. The link between Haus and Planai opens next Friday. Looking forward to an early ski planned with flangesax, tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any of you guys likely to be skiing a week on Monday? Going to be in Vienna for the weekend, but if it snows it'd be nice to get some skiing in on the way back!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999, Mondays are out for me until the holiday period - sadly I had to leave my skiing partner to enjoy the even emptier but beautifully sunny slopes this morning as the office beckoned! Sad Just two more Mondays though and I'm off for just over 3 weeks Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999, Do you mean Mon 9th Dec? I'm possibly out skiing, depends on weather gods, cheap air flights and small question mark over the arrival of our 3rd sprog but hey it's a powder forecast! Will firm up plans in next 24 hours, but flangesax, should be around.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergfex is currently saying a good dump next weekend and cold. http://www.bergfex.com/schladming-planai/wetter/berg/
Not seeing much support on other forecast other than wepowder. I need convincing before booking to come out.

Skied today at Reiteralm with the fuax Italian ski instructor that is flangesax. Great weather again, sunny and cool, piste were in A1 condition. Headed to Planai for the afternoon session, again good piste other than on one fast convex where I guess a snow machine had leaked as there was an enormous sheet of clear ice, ouch. Out on SL skis today, the odd time I tuned in with them they felt great but most the time I was fighting with them, not sure I was tired or my 10 year old downhill boots are shot. My fat chick Gotamas felt easier on the hard pack yesterday than the skinnies?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
waynos, yep, the 9th; let me know if you do come out!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
waynos, Watch that dodgy Italian, he'll have you boarding next Shocked It could be stiff skis and old soft boot syndrome Smile Good excuse for shopping for shiny new kit. I just bought some second hand SL skis so I'll give them a good try out when I'm over.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Returned to UK today but managed a couple of hours with the boy, the dodgy italian instructor and his OH at Planai this morning. Was planning to get the 8:15 lift but was running 6 minutes late, probably cost us one run! Lovely conditions, warm up top , cold in valley, soft-ish groomers made for a great carving session. Was out on fat chicks today (Gotamas) and found my skiing mojo after 2 hit and miss days. Got to say the Gotamas are such versatile skis, they really are a good piste ski and of course great off the piste. Good enough for a one ski quiver I'd say, which for 108mm underfoot rocked ski is pretty impressive. After 2.25 days of skiing around with my 7yo I've learned that he's improving leaps and bounds and I need to be much fitter to keep up the pace, the gym beckons.

Possibly out next weekend if some a big snowfall comes.Watch this space.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wepowder calling for nordstau powder dump http://wepowder.com/weblog/4768/PA-%235-Snow-for-Austria%21
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pumping it down by the looks of it. http://www.planai.at/winter/en/planai_news/Live_Cams.html

I'm being good and not going skiing this weekend, other higher priority commitments.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
waynos, mmm. that corduroy looks very nice. snowHead
snow conditions
pam w, if you take the planks out of your eyes you will see that it is just soft snow that has been well groomed. waynos and his lad are up at the top of the Planai lift first thing in the morning, the photograph is taken literally just outside the top station of the gondola and that area is well groomed for obvious reasons.

Just to rub it in a bit further there has been a considerable amount of snow falling in the eastern Alps and most of Austria today and it is forecast to continue through most of tomorrow as well, so skiing on Sunday should be even better than last weekend. Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

pam w, if you take the planks out of your eyes

Samerberg Sue, ???? A touch OTT non?
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, Puzzled Corduroy IS well-groomed snow, isn't it? I don't understand what point you're making. Confused
snow conditions
Hells Bells, Pedantica, agreed
ski holidays
Great pic waynos, nowt wrong with cordroy! snowHead There's definitely no cordroy in this clip i've found up at Zauchensee last month. This guy makes some great videos !

http://youtube.com/v/bOstMd4hlH0
latest report
Corduroy is my nirvana. My god I wish I was there with you.
ski holidays
Yes the Corduroy was rather splendid, was last Tuesday that pic, Lots of reports of heavy snowfall overnight and more to come.
snow conditions
Great skiing at Grossar/Dorfgastein all week. Nearly everything open with no-one around.

latest report
snowheads68 wrote:
Great skiing at Grossar/Dorfgastein all week. Nearly everything open with no-one around.

Nice pics over on the Alpinforum of great early-season conditions on 3rd Dec in Grossarl/Dorfgastein...full report here http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=48892

snow report
Five and a half weeks and counting Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Season pass arrived in the mail this morning. So now all I can do is look at it for the next 7 weeks...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, Nice one. I have mine already tucked in the sleeve pocket Smile
ski holidays
3 week 6 days snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowheads68 & Avalanche Poodle, great pics!
snow conditions
14 sleeps Very Happy
snow conditions
A bit behind the current conditions, so admin please feel free to move elsewhere, but we just stuck a few shots from the opening weekend in Dienten up. Sublime couple of powder days, followed by bluebird snowHead

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.252150971607066.1073741834.185160224972808&type=1&l=75bf3fa8f2
snow report
Radstadt / Altenmarkt opened today (our local lump).
Quite mixed conditions.
Complete piste coverage with still some areas to play off to the side.
Anywhere north facing and in shadow was incredibly hard packed and full of 'death cookies'.
Anywhere in the sun was superb with great piste conditions.

The cold overnight temps has made a very dry snow pack on the top layer of piste which lifts quite quickly even after a bash....
Off to Flachau Winkl tomorrow morning!
ski holidays
As long as you get plenty of powder in the Zauch forests for Jan Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just back from a day skiing the Wagrain-Alpendorf and Wagrain-Flachau slopes (with Annemarie Moser-Pröll if I'm allowed to name drop! wink ) All the slopes are in fantastic condition and all fully open.

Note to self - train a little harder next summer so you can keep going all day like the legend you ski with! I did beat her to the lifts a couple of times though! Laughing Laughing
snow report
Samerberg Sue, LOL - great stuff! I hope you saved some snow for us!
latest report
Samerberg Sue, The pics look lovely Smile It's great to meet one of your heros.
snow report
I skied the King's Tour in the Hochkönig area today, from Maria Alm to Mühlbach and back. And it was a super day to do it. The pistes were in fine condition (though a little rough on piste 19 down to Hintermoos, with little stones or frozen grass). And it was still very quiet, indeed so much so that even the Gabühel bumples at Dienten were flat. Here's a view of the chairlift on the Schwarzeckalm at Hintermoos, with the Steinernes Meer to the left and the Hochkönig range to the right in the background...

The weather too was great, still blue skies with only a few wispy clouds. Given these optimal conditions I took about 90 minutes from Maria Alm to Mühlbach and around 75 minutes on the way back (skiing quite fast, for me).

I had a good lunch at the Zapferl Alm, just beside the bottom station of the King's Cab gondola. Here it is...

And here's a view looking over Dienten from the Gabühel chairlift on the return journey...

An excellent day!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 18-12-13 0:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
espri, great pics. I can vouch for the excellent early season conditions in the area at the moment snowHead We were lapping runs out of Dienten and the Kings Cab for the morning. Definitely best first thing when everything is fresh, but amazing considering the time of year. Not sure if there's ever been a post on it, but has anyone ever really gone for it with the Koenigs Tour and recorded their time? We were lucky enough to get near deserted pistes and perfect groomers about a week ago and nailed Muhlbach to Maria Alm in a time only slowed by my faffing with snowboard bindings after every chair! Very Happy
ski holidays
Ooh jealous, that's my very favourite place, not going this year, but am fortunate to be going other places but Maria Alm is my favourite Very Happy
snow conditions
Wish I was going back to Dienten this year. I have a lot of love for Peter's Bar (and especially Steve the bar man!).

Unfortunately my sister in law was selfish enough to give birth, meaning there is no space for me at her fathers place!

Aaah well, I have a trip to Saalbach instead at the end of January, I suppose that will have to do Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy