Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Super Salzburg Pass - Snow Report 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
We drove through the Gastein Valley last night en Route from Mallnitz. After great skiing in Mallnitz (with full snow cover to Valley level), as we left it was dumping snow.

However, 12 minutes, 1 Tunnel and one train ride later we were surprised to arrive in a green Gastein valley, where it was peeing with rain.

The good news is that they are doing a remarkable job and the runs to the Valley are open. St Johann further down the road however has far more snow down to Valley level due to its orientation.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That Föhn has a lot to answer for GRRRRRRR. But, if we get a big dump of snow just after it it may lead to better off piste conditions and a well consolidated base layer. Fingers crossed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Being so close to the continental divide and orientated N/S the Gastein valley suffers disproportionately from the F word. Rained heavily yesterday with the snow-line above 2000m.

Been raining most of today but now turning to sleet so hopefully the upper runs would have had a fair dump.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Coming down steadily in zauchansee at top and in valley Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for update sd2010, in wagrain from the 11th and getting a mite nervous about the conditions
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nickH, it'll be fine for piste skiing..trust me!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nickH, just back from the Wagrain area for a few days at home before going back there next weekend - absolutely no worries at all about being able to ski to the valley. Off-piste is not that exciting any more (was fun last week).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Samerberg Sue, Thanks for the reassurance guys, even though my mum did tell me never to trust anyone who says........
For a horrible moment had memories of jan 2007, about which I'll say nothing more, & instead fill the aether with optimistic thoughts & positive vibes !! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nickH, I am going to go and ski Wagrain tomorrow and post you a bunch of photos, cos that´s the kind and caring sort of girl I am.
I will force myself to get up and ski all that nice new powder we have just had……*just for you* Blush
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kooky, For every inch of powder you find we all go off you a little more Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got a week's digs booked in Dorfgastein from 18th Jan. We'll make the best of it as ever but I have to admit that these green valleys are going to be a bit of a shock to the system after years of skiing in Tignes etc...Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
26 days to go... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia, Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Are we there yet ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tarquin, Have you eaten your sarnies already?
snow report
nickH, As promised, I have uploaded 6 photos of the slopes at Wagrain,to put your mind at rest Blush

Skiing today was just fab Smile Kaiserwetter and wonderful grippy snow up until lunchtime.
A word of caution though, although we had quite a good dump to freshen things up, it did get very scraped in the late afternoon, lots of nasty hidden icy patches and massive moguls, so skiing was interesting after lunch. I skied til the lifts shut, and to say there was a fair amount of carnage would be putting it lightly, although it was a Bank Holiday so very busy here anyway. Just make sure you have some nice sharp edges and Bobs yer Auntie Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Looks lovely... not jealous at all... much Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Many thanks kooky,nice pics . Very grateful to you for putting yourself through such suffering on my behalf - I now consider myself well & truly reassured !! Very Happy

ps .. & how many beers will that cost me ? wink
ski holidays
nickH, how long is a piece of string wink
Avalanche Poodle, you will be here soon enough, stop your griping Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Avalanche Poodle, what is your first skiing day?
ski holidays
Another week of this rain and I'll be too insane to make it Madeye-Smiley Still waiting on a car part or I'll only have one headlight too Sad
ski holidays
kooky,
Quote:
how long is a piece of string

Oh Dear ! Shocked
......& departs to consider significantly increasing his ' entertainment ' budget.............
ski holidays
you havent mentioned your fall kooky, Twisted Evil ! Ange
ski holidays
flangesax, which one?
and BTW, you haven´t mentioned yours Cool How´s the knee?
snow report
kooky, a bit tender - muscle related, off out this morning, skiing on Radstadt. Ange
snow conditions
flangesax, OUch - hope you are OK x
ski holidays
Sooooo, the truth comes out, any embarrassing fall pics? Hope the knee's ok Ange.
snow report
ooh this is a much nicer Ski Amadé thread Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tarquin wrote:
ooh this is a much nicer Ski Amadé thread Wink

Although just as much off topic now. wink
snow report
Yowser, who fell? Hope nothing nasty. The Heiße Witwes are on me in a few weeks... wink
snow report
queen bodecia, I fell, somehow, not sure, then kooky, fell on the same placeand landed next to me, then anohter skiier also fell - it was almost a pile up and probably quite funny to see such stylish ladies such as kooky, and I on our back bottoms!!!! The knee is tender but thankfully very skiable. Had a most plesant day on Radstadt today - very empty pistes, very happy. Happy smiley Very Happy Ange
snow report
Surely it doesnt count as being properly off topic. I was out surveying the pistes in order to give an accurate piste report and had an interesting 'slip' with another snowHead Surely thats allowed to be reported too - the sacrifices we make to give you the facts ay! Blush Ange
ski holidays
flangesax wrote:
Surely it doesnt count as being properly off topic. I was out surveying the pistes in order to give an accurate piste report and had an interesting 'slip' with another snowHead Surely thats allowed to be reported too - the sacrifices we make to give you the facts ay! Blush Ange

We are eternally grateful Very Happy
snow conditions
Nunfa1, thank you. I aim to please - I dont mind taking the falls!!! wink I will leave tomorrows update to hubby, I think he is off to FlachauWinkl. Im staying at home 'working'. Sad Ange
snow conditions
flangesax, can't wait to join you guys soon. Glad nothing too serious, in fact it sounds a decent comedy moment, but I think Ben still holds that award for his backwards balletic tumble… wink
latest report
queen bodecia, Bens falls always are hard to beat! Although mine come close when off piste! Really looking farward to seeing you again. Ange
ski holidays
Went to Flachau Winkl via Zauchensee yesterday.
All pistes are open, all lifts are open. The pistes are in a very hard condition. The compact layer is in good nick which means there is not any mud or grass (well tiny patches in tiny/normal areas). On top op this sits an inch and a half of looser piste bashed snow. In the morning it is great, when there is a hard freeze it is like corrugated iron. Late afternoon the pistes are lightly moguled (as normal) but this snow does not stick together so the moguls are weak and explode on impact!
So a bit of a mixed bag but with no fear of no skiing!

The Ladies' races are this weekend. All pistes and lifts (apart from the World Cup run are open as normal) and the only surcharge is for tickets to be within the stands.
You can ski to the sides of the piste to watch for 'free'.
snow conditions
ski holidays
Animated gif?
snow report
waynos wrote:
Animated git?
FIFY Wink Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy