Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire: Vail Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm skiing for 9 days in Vail, Colorado in January 2014. I have my own boots but not skis.
The prices I can find for ski hire in Vail on the internet seem very high.
Can someone let me know where in Vail I can hire some cheap skis.
I don't need anything high performance, I am 71 years old! Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The price of everything in Vail is very high compared to the rest of the USA, that's just the way it is sorry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow, prices are steep. Is Vailskibase as cheap as it goes? Others are almost as high as buying!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rent somewhere on the drive out from Denver? e.g. a Sports Authority or similar
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, I just looked at the price on the Vail website, its very high indeed!

You could try renting in one of the towns en route, I suppose it depends on how you are getting there? I have several friends who have used http://maisondeski.com/ in Idaho Springs. They seem to offer a 'sports ski' for $21 a day if you book in advance online. The obvious downside is if you have problems they are a long drive away! You could try looking in some of the other towns along the I70? Frisco maybe?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you tried skiset.com? They are French but cover resorts worldwide. Ski hire for 6 days only around £120.

Try also rentskis.com.

Finally, look on vail.com site under Equipment to compare.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike, I think you will soon discover that just about everything is expensive in Vail!

You could try http://www.vailskitech.com and tell them you are staying at Sandstone Creek. I've stayed there a couple of times and according to their blurb you get a substantial discount at this store. Not put it to the test however, as I have my own skis.

The upside of renting is that most of the outlets will let you store the skis at the shop overnight (and quite possibly your boots as wel) meaning that you don't have to lug them back to your accomodation each night.

Have a great trip. Think I might be headed back there in Jan 2015.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I assume you're flying into Denver? Shortly before your trip go to denver.craigslist.org & buy some. You can find decent skis+bindings+poles (at least as good as rentals, many much better) for less than $200, some even closer to $100. Then you'd just have to pay a shop $20 or so to adjust the bindings to your boot.

It's far less than renting!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you to everyone who replied, it was very useful. I forgot to say that we are coming over from the UK and flying into Denver and have a coach transfer arranged and included.
Again all your comments are appreciated.
Mike Stevens
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mikestevens, just put a reply to your question on the other site you have posted on wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Why not buy ski's in the UK, I think it is around $100 for a ski bag each way, and you are allowed two pair of skis in a bag according to the airline.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Breeze sports came out at about $20 a day for bottom of the range skis - not cheap but with a bit of haggle in advance maybe $150 for 9 days £100 that's not bad (besides the sucky bottom of the range skis)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy