Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes Snow Mountain Bike Run???

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

First time post here so go easy, and apologies if im in the wrong place.

Anyhow im off to Les 2 Alpes in Jan for a week skiing. Over the weekend i was speaking to a friend of a friend who mentioned he had been and that there was a run somewhere that you can mountain bike down during the snow season on a bike with spiked tyres.

Being a keen biker i figured this would be a good laugh, but i haven't been able to find anything about it online.

Does anyone have any details on this?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your mate is fibbing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, I thought there was some daft race at L2A (possibly towards the end of the season) involving mountain bikes and skiers?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Mountain of Hell Race is in July but as it starts from the top of the glacier the first few miles are on snow. They don't use spiked tyres though, most of the race is below the snowline.

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dobby, no. You are, as Claude B says, thinking of the Mountain of Hell, which is held in summer, starts on the glacier and only involves bikes, not skis. Or spikes either.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually simon has the right idea but the wrong place. For the last 2 or 3 years there has been a 1 day event at Easter when you can ride down the Sarenne, once only, at Alpe d'Huez

Link for next years event here :-

http://bike-oisans.com/en/events-cycling-mtb-oisans/sarenne-snow-bike

This year it was pretty well snow right down to Huez.

Describing the bubbles from Huez as a cable car is a stretch of the imagination though Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Actually simon has the right idea but the wrong place. For the last 2 or 3 years there has been a 1 day event at Easter when you can ride down the Sarenne, once only, at Alpe d'Huez

Link for next years event here :-

http://bike-oisans.com/en/events-cycling-mtb-oisans/sarenne-snow-bike

This year it was pretty well snow right down to Huez.

Describing the bubbles from Huez as a cable car is a stretch of the imagination though Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skitow, My least favourite (and most expensive) bubble in the world Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Claude B,
Ah yes, I forgot about the trouser ripping door Toofy Grin Supposed to be replacing the whole thing with a new system eventually, don't know about the doors proposed for that though.......
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Claude B,
Ah yes, I forgot about the trouser ripping door Toofy Grin Supposed to be replacing the whole thing with a new system eventually, don't know about the doors proposed for that though.......
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saw a group attempting this in Les Sybelles in March. They got the last lift up with their bikes and we watched them as we had 'beer o'clock' at the top. They got about 20 mins of instruction then tried to start going down an easy green. Most of them were terrible at it and fell off immediately and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are still up there as it didn't look like they'd ever cycled on tarmac never mind snow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Simon does have the right place, probably just another event at Alpe D'Huez. Ski'd L2A this year and going back next year, saw this advertised whilst I was there. Event was in July, starts at the Glacier on snow and then descends through the rocks at lower level, don't think they use studded tyres. Event is called Mountain of Hell 2013, rather them than me!! Shocked
Found this on the u tube.....http://youtube.com/v/vIWFV6HKWko
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Ski'd L2A

SKIED!!!!!!!! Ski'd is NOT A WORD!

I think we've already established that everyone is thinking of the Mountain of Hell. However, what you've got hold of there would seem to be yet another event, which is the Megavalanche at Alpe d'Huez, although you have indeed posted video of the Mountain of Hell. Clear as mud, innit. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
See. Didn't take long to get to one of Lizzard's favourite gripes. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dobby, where was that other thread regarding shameful illiteracy rates in the UK?
ski holidays
Lizzard.......nowt rong with me grammmmarr!
snow report
Simon94, ......... except that you are now confusing it with spelling. Laughing
snow conditions
For a mix of skiing & VTT there's the 2Ride Downhill held at Oz/ADH towards the end of the season. Teams of 2 start at intervals on skis from the Dome des Rousses, race down to Oz station before pistes open then swap to bikes and continue down to Oz village. Tempted to give it a go this season. snowHead
latest report
Nick D, sounds fun
ski holidays
Now that sounds like fun, do you have a link Nick D?
snow report
Not updated yet for 2014 it appears, I'll find out more when I can. http://sunsnowevents.fr/2ride/2ride.php
ski holidays
Its the 12th & 13th April 2014, qualifiers one day & race the next http://www.oz-en-oisans.com/en/hiver/evenements
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy