Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Using Paradiski Zen card in La Rossier? Seamless or Involved?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK - try again with a different title to see if anyone replies. Puzzled

Starting to dream about the forthcoming season and I have a couple of questions for the collective; can I use my Zen card in La Rossier without needing to get a local pass? Secondly, been looking at making a trip from the chair lift just after Seez over to La Thuile and back, are there navigational issues, is it feasible day trip for a couple of competent skiers, is there good food to be had and what is the best return route. Do we know what the final red run down to the car park near Seez is like at the end of a day? Thanks in advance. Ian. Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The red back down is lovely but a bit exposed to the sun. You can download if it is shut. It is a fabulous run and will be quiet/deserted at the end of the day.
In the morning catch the chair up and then ski down 200m to the button lift you can see. It is a steep drag but get off just after the bend in the drag, next to the DON'T GET OFF sign Embarassed and then ski down Tetras to the Main chair, Roches Noires. Left off the chair at the top and then all the way to the Fort chair. Up the fort chair and then down, over the back to the right, keep your speed up once you see the curving run out or you will be polling. Up the Bellcombe drag and get off left at the top of the 1st drag, ski to the Piccolo San Bernardo lift and do a couple of laps off that, once bored ski to the Fourclaz lift, ascend and then at the top just keep heading right as you ski down to La Thuile and eventually down into the town via red 6. Avoid the cafe at the gondola base station at all costs. All the blacks into down are a deep shade of black

Just follow the signs for La Rosiere on the way home, but you will generally set off from the highest point in the domain - Belvedere. When coming back into la Rosiere you will need to be at the top of either the Roches Noires Chair or the Eucherts Express Chaiir to access the blue or back that lead to that lovely red down, Fontaine Froid.

Here is a great pdf of the domain map http://www.skilarosiere1850.com/tzr/scripts/downloader2.php?filename=T004/fichier/27/1a/48ib5uptnkje&mime=application/pdf&originalname=T_l_chargez_le_plan_des_pistes_de_l_Espace_San_Bernardo-La_Rosi_re.pdf
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PS This is in the wrong section of the forum
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, not now Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, why, have you put it into RESORTS? wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
as it wasn't just about resorts, but about the lieft passes, I though the Piste was a better option. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As per Frosty the Snowman, fairly straightforward route. Don't be put off how slow the first chairlift is from Seez, they get better after. Personally once you get to the top of the Bellevombe 1 drag lift, I would take the Bellecome 2 straight over the top, then fast empty reds down piste 18 cutting onto piste 6. There is a cafe stop half way down piste 18. Once in La Thule, up the bubble lift then you can ski several slopes up and down Secteur Suches. Finishing off, plenty of time to ski the St Bernard sector (nice reds and blacks) then follow signs back to La Rosiere. On the French side, coming back I would take Choucas (narrow and fast but can be busy at end of day), catch the drag lift by the snow park then go left down Renard before cutting across Tetras to the narrow blue which goes to Fontaine Froide.

Whichever route you take it is very manageable. Done it with the kids. The very bottom can be slushy at the of the day due to its much lower altitude but all depends. Enjoy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the advice; will look forward to putting the advice into practice Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Ian Kenvyn, only just saw your question, should have asked it on my facebook page as quite a few of us go to La Ros often using our Zen cards or season pass.

If you get a season lift pass you got a discount but not any free days last season. Better discount than with your Zen card. If you do not get a season pass then you need to go to the La Ros office at the bottom lift or the main office and they will give you a discounted lift pass, but you need to have the correct paperwork to show your pass is valid for this season as I do not think they are linked into the computer system.

For skiing, what is written above all seems good. Let me know when you plan to go across and it might be fun to meet up for a day out. See you in the winter.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy