Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need help getting Skis to St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My travel agent has seriously let me down. I used them specifically to get some sort of assurance that my skis would be carried without a problem and was quite clear that I was only prepared to book if ski carriage was confirmed. Regrettably the flights are from Edinburgh to Innsbruck via Frankfurt and are operated by Lufthansa (EDI to FRA) and Tyrolean Airlines on a code share (FRA to INNS) and they work a strange system where you book first and confirm skis later.

I have now found out that the outbound part of the trip from Frankfurt to Innsbruck has no space left for skis and I am now wondering what my best way of getting them there is (ideally with travel agent picking up cost).

Anyone got any tips?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Better to get the travel agent to pick up the tab for some top-quality ski rental, I'd have thought. Then you'll at least know that you're guaranteed skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can find a way to get them to IBK (courier?) I can keep them in my attic and try to get them to you when you arrive, but can't promise to be able to meet you exactly as your flight arrives due to work etc. PM if that helps at all.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 7-10-13 19:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
UPS
DHL
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where are you staying in Anton ? post them ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When do you need to get them there? We are driving to that area mid-December and could squeeze a bag in for contribution to petrol.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
its middle of January I am going out and there are two major hurdles

1) There are 2 *ahem* snowboard bags (easier just to say skis)
2) Coming from Scotland.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Valet Alpin do equipment delivery I think...Could contact them and get the travel agent to pick up the bill?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pleased to say this has now been resolved and gear will apparently now be carried, I have written confirmation so ready for any nonsense at check in. Salutary lesson about booking with lufthansa or Austrian airlines thought, make sure you know they will definitely take gear before committing to buying tickets
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy