Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Union Bindings Size

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I've recently bought some Union Force bindings in M/L Size. The problem is I wear 32 Lashed's in Size 10, which is on the cusp between M/L and L/XL bindings. I've gotten hold of the new L/XL's off a friend to see if they would fit better.

With the M/L, the bindings fit the board fine, but the boots are slightly too big, with the gas pedal just over the balls of my feet at maximum. So I am worried about not being able to get my toe side power down as well.

Here's a photo.

The L/XL bindings accommodate the boot better, but there is a bit of overhang from the actual binding bases. I feel this means I can get my power down easier and the boot is better fitting, but would the binding overhang affect it severely? It's a bit hard to see, but the back is off by a bit and the front is JUST on the edge. This is also the front foot set at 15, my back foot would only be set at around -4 at most, so won't be able to take off as much hang. So when properly set-up there would be at least half a centimetre of binding overhang on each side.

Photo of L/XL.

So there's problems with both, but I am wondering in your opinion which one would be best? The board is a Stepchild Sucks 155 with a side width of 250.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowbusy90, Welcome to Snowheads.

The XL looks like it fits your boot much better, and will be much more comfortable to ride with.

If you're concerned about the binding catching, don't worry. A few mm isn't going to cause an issue as it'll never make contact with the snow. Your toes or heels will catch the snow long before the binding would. Proof is, put the board on edge so that the toes and heels of the board touch the floor, the binding edge is nowhere near touching, right? Pas de problem!

If it's really concerning you, you could always shave the front and back of the binding down to meet the wall of the board, it wouldn't cause any problems

You don't want your boots to overhang the edge of the board too much though . The rule 'o' thumb I was told was Drop a line down from the toe or heel of your boot, you want no more than an inch or so from that line to the edge of the board.

If overhang is an issue, as you suggest you can try to dial it out by changing your stance a little, maybe wider or more angle.
Have you thought about using a riser to lift the overhang up a bit so you have even less change to catch a toe or heel? Does change the feel and response of the board a bit though and takes some getting used to.

In your 2nd pic, your XL bindings don't look very centered on the board though, a bit too far back. Maybe its just the picture...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey, thanks for the advice. Yeah the XL picture is a bit off, but I've adjusted it and the base overhang is about half a cm on each side. But would this not affect the board more than keeping the M/L's being a bit short on the toe side?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowbusy90, Hey, I have a very similar problem. I was wondering how you got on with the set up or if you changed to something else?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy