Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz piste modifications?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at the 1800m Webcam, there is a lot of earth-moving and tree-felling near the top of the Kedeuse Telecabine, I guess they are adding some additional routes to ease congestion in this area or adding an easier route for beginners/timid skiers to navigate the first 100m ( a bit steep for some) of main Blue "Plein Soliel" piste. Does anyone know exactly what they are doing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of discussion with photos in French here ( http://forum.grand-massif.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2886&start=40 )
I'm staying in Les Carroz at the moment but first visit so I don't know the names of any pistes in this area and so can't really follow their chat, but scanning for mention of Kedeuse seem to highlight a magic carpet (possibly covered) and a beginner area. Other mentions of les Carroz are remodelling of some pistes and work to a lake to do with snow canons. Again I have no idea how the piste map works here so that's a very rough and probably inaccurate summary...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
l'airon lake was in always the plans to make larger and under some of what you see at the top of the gondola was a long trench (now filled in) with more pipes in it, so more snowmaking i guess as well which may mean snowmaking from top to bottom of combe?

There was lots of tree felling going on all over the place in august, There were logs all over lou darbes blue.

They will have to move lots of earth to remodel the steep bit from the gondola , but are taking all the trees out around the top of the plein soleil chair lift

what top of telecabin looked like on 29/09

and on 03/10

see how they are getting on here

http://m.webcam-hd.com/lescarroz/carroz

They are remodelling pistes as when we were there for 3 weeks in august they were moving large amounts of earth around the top of combe, as per these photos

to get bearings this is looking at the top of gron chairlift, all the mods are below this

closer

and

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for your replies. Very interesting to view the Grand Massif forum dialogue and I have been keeping an eye on the "Top of Gondola" Webcam. It seems like they are installing snowmaking on the top 2/3 of blue piste "Combe" (giving snowmaking from top to bottom) building a lake to feed the system about 1/3 the way down the Combe (just after the entrance to Red Piste "Zorta") and, over last couple of days, remodelling the steeper part of the "Combe" blue piste at the top of the Gondola and the surrounding area. I will be visiting Les Carroz for a few days next week and (weather permitting) may take a wander up to view progress.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy